• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's the stupidest thing you ever did that you would admit to?

Something I want no part of!

What's the stupidest thing you ever did that you would admit to?
To keep this thread suscribed and looking back for more "don't do this, like I did" info.
Instead I keep finding Blah Blah Blah sock puppet Blah Blah

I wanna hear about the guy who just rallied hard and tried to relieve fuel pressure through the schrader on fuel rail only to lose his eyebrows off the fresh gasoline hitting ex. manifold.

red91 said:
all this from the guy who owns the "Pamela Anderson nipple ring accessories kit."
I got rid of that a long time ago after the little air compressor for the blow-up portion quit working. :gag:

TRNDRVR said:
I got rid of that a long time ago after the little air compressor for the blow-up portion quit working. :gag:
\

You can buy one for an air mattress at your local sporting goods store. That should do the trick.

HERE IT IS

HOW NOT TO TRIM YOUR FENDER
russelscott020.jpg

WELL MAYBE NOT THE STUPIDES THING, BUT PRETTY DUMB.
NOW I JUST USE WHATS LEFT AT THE BOTTOM OF MY BEER CANS TO WASH THE WINDOW.

About 30 minutes ago I was removing some ball joints from an extra D30 that I'm going to be rebuilding and regearing to match my 8.8. Those ball joints were stuck in there dam good, they were so slopped out they were probably the factory ones from 1991. 4 pound hammers, air hammer, pb blaster were of no use so I got out the blue tip wrench and a full face shield (for exploding grease pockets, though none were found). On the last one I felt something warm on my leg but figured it was just the work light and kept on torchin'. NOPE, I had managed to get a chunk of flaming metal onto my new pari of Dickies. now I have a quarter size hole burnt through the pants.

About 30 minutes ago I was removing some ball joints from an extra D30 that I'm going to be rebuilding and regearing to match my 8.8. Those ball joints were stuck in there dam good, they were so slopped out they were probably the factory ones from 1991. 4 pound hammers, air hammer, pb blaster were of no use so I got out the blue tip wrench and a full face shield (for exploding grease pockets, though none were found). On the last one I felt something warm on my leg but figured it was just the work light and kept on torchin'. NOPE, I had managed to get a chunk of flaming metal onto my new pari of Dickies. now I have a quarter size hole burnt through the pants.

don't work on the heep in new cloths. :gee:

don't work on the heep in new cloths. :gee:

Meh, they're work clothes.... it happens:rolleyes: If I had been wearing my old work pants with the hole in the knee I would have been running up and down my driveway with a chunk of slag on my knee, then it would fall into my boot....It happened last time I did some welding in holy pants.

~Alex

put header wrap on headers on a 70 chevy pickup. Fired it up with the valve covers (just sittin on) off, to set rocker arms. Soaked drivers side header, put out fire with bottled beer. Header wrap hanging down like the mummies wrappin in a B movie. For the not on an auto, joined the army, and never stopped smokin "rope". Seems they have some crazy rule, I guess i shoulda read the manual.

I have worked at jiffy lube for the last 6 years, when school has allowed me to work, anyway- about for or five years ago, I filled a subaru impreza's engine with washer fluid without realizing it. Thankfully a coworker noticed what I was doing before I started the car. Thats my first stupid thing, then about two years ago I lit the dumpster on fire at the same jiffy lube with my cigarette but.

Two of the stupidest things I've done.

One of the stupidest my boss has done: keep hiring me back :) Hes a sucker for us charity cases.

jiffy lube... I filled a subaru impreza's engine with washer fluid
Which is why I will never go to Jiffy lube.

then about two years ago I lit the dumpster on fire at the same jiffy lube with my cigarette but.

Thats how my elementary school burnt down. No school for a week until we got moved into another building for the rest of the year.

Thats how my elementary school burnt down. No school for a week until we got moved into another building for the rest of the year.

You really shouldn't have been smoking in Elementary school.

You really shouldn't have been smoking in Elementary school.
Ha, it wasn't me, some teenagers had been hanging around, our janitor told them to get out of there, tossed the cigarette into the dumpster, ignited the roof on fire.

I dropped the XJ off at Sears this weekend to adjust the front end alignment and to recenter the steering wheel. After a few hits on the trail, my alignment was off.

I could have easily adjusted the toe and centerd the steering wheel myself, but somehow I wanted to save an hour and have Sears do the work.

When I picked up the Jeep, I noticed the job was not done correctly. 4 hours later and the vehicle on the lift twice, the job was finally complete. I could have saved myself 79 bucks and a whole lot of time if I did it myself. 79 bucks buys a lot of Happy Meals.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'd say that the majority of my high-stoopid factor occurences have been more verbal than anything. "I do" comes to mind. I still tend to pop off at the mouth when I should just STFU! Some things just get into that 'stupid circuit' which bypasses all logic and/or compassion filters and sends stuff directly to the mouthpiece. Even the backspace button isn't enough to save me sometimes!

I'd say that the majority of my high-stoopid factor occurences have been more verbal than anything. "I do" comes to mind. I still tend to pop off at the mouth when I should just STFU! Some things just get into that 'stupid circuit' which bypasses all logic and/or compassion filters and sends stuff directly to the mouthpiece. Even the backspace button isn't enough to save me sometimes!

x2. My mouth got me in plenty of trouble in my high school years. One was mouthing off to a cop after he'd decided to give me a warning. Obviously, I didn't leave with just a warning...

Keep going back to Town Fare Tire after they have yet to align any of the cars I've taken in correctly.

I waited there for over 3 hours on Saturday for them to get to me, even though I had an appointment.

Back