• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

I think he has a waggy 44, not sure though.

10 of them?

Are you looking forward to breaking a few of them?

Disco D30?

Sorry, I didn't know that. I don't have a D44.

i was giving you a hard time sorry. i also bought my 8.25 shafts from ten factory as well. motive gear owns them now i believe. i think they carry shafts for all kinds of axles.

Because I like my disco...

Really??? Ian loves his disco as well!!! Oh we were talking about axles. Why would you want to keep it? That is just odd to me.

I started to post that I liked my disco, but left it alone....

I toyed with the idea of welding my front diff...then when I engaged the 4wd I would be locked in front....when disengage it would spin freely cuz of the disco axle.

Having an XJ is like being in a cult... Having an XJ with a 2.8L and disco is like running the cult. Muhahahaha

I like my disco for a few reasons:
1) I can disconnect it while in 4L and have true 2L
2) Disconnect it while wheeling to turn sharper corners without shifting into 2H
3) Can runa full locker up front with little diffrence while driving on the road.

But to do that you need to get rid of the vacuum disco and switch to a posi-loc set up... which happens to be on my list.

Yeah I guess... but I run a lunchbox locker in the front of mine, and don't notice any difference when driving in 2wd at all. If I ever do end up going to full widths (which hopefully I will in the next year or so), I am thinking about just doing a spool in the rear, and a lunchbox locker up front.

I may just run lunchbox lockers front and rear then. My jeep will be pretty much for offroad use only though.

Well it's more for my XJ than to my XJ but I got my little girl to say Jeep Es J... hey now she is only 2.

Back