• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

I tore down my tilt steering column in my Jeep so that I can tighten it up, and use some red lock-tite on it. The tilt part of the column was coming loose pretty quick so I put a stop to that. So it is all back together again but this time it will not loosen up.

I tore down my tilt steering column in my Jeep so that I can tighten it up, and use some red lock-tite on it. The tilt part of the column was coming loose pretty quick so I put a stop to that. So it is all back together again but this time it will not loosen up.

Fun aint it? Did that to mine a month or two ago. Worth it!

Ah it's not to bad. I have done them before as well. But yes it is definitely worth it to have a column that doesn't move up and down and side to side.

Someone got into my XJ and stole the face plate to my Alpine head unit. Seriously, who steals just the face plate and not the whole head unit? Now I have to come up with 129 dollars to replace it from Alpine. Its the CDA-9886

Changed some settings on my keyless entry/remote starter.

Someone got into my XJ and stole the face plate to my Alpine head unit. Seriously, who steals just the face plate and not the whole head unit? Now I have to come up with 129 dollars to replace it from Alpine. Its the CDA-9886

Did that to me too a few years ago. Just the face, not the stereo. Well, they also got my sub and my 9mm.:flamemad:

They might come back for the radio...

But it make sense to me.... $129.00 for a new face plate from Alpine, $50.00 from the "Homeboy Shopping Network".

... "Homeboy Shopping Network".

Why he gotta be a "homeboy" huh? Why can't you just call it "Stolen Goods Market" or somethin like that? "Homeboy Market." Is there a "Niqqa Market" too? Lmao

Someone did this to me a few years back. Top was off of the CJ all summer, we get one week of rain and I put the top on. The next morning my Faceplate and 6x9s were gone. Not like it really mattered, I had cut into the vent drain when installing the radio and It had stopped working while I was putting the top up. Thieves do piss me off though.:flamemad:

Why he gotta be a "homeboy" huh? Why can't you just call it "Stolen Goods Market" or somethin like that? "Homeboy Market." Is there a "Niqqa Market" too? Lmao

Dear, Dear Sparty... You might be a little too young to remember a show called "In Livin' Color" (or Colour, I don't remember). It was done by the Waynes Brother. They had a skit on there call "The Homeboy Shopping Network", that is where I got that from. But they sold the cool stuff, like ATM machines.

They might come back for the radio...

But it make sense to me.... $129.00 for a new face plate from Alpine, $50.00 from the "Homeboy Shopping Network".

Thats not funny, luckily I am leaving for GA tonight after work, damn its gonna be a long quiet drive! At least I have my Ipod and some little speakers. I found on Ebay the faceplate for 70 bucks, however I dont have an ebay account.

I had a CDA 9886, however do you think I could use a CDA 9887 faceplate? I wonder if they are compatible

Replaced the turn signal switch and dropped the Jeep off to get inspected. FINALLY! No more spending money on the Jeep for a while! (yeah right...)

Replaced Purge Solenoid...still chasing down the P0455 code! Checked all lines and replaced rubber hoses in emissions lines. All that is left is Leak Detection Pump,Evap Canister and filler/vent hose to tank ( I hope it's not that)

Just got it back from inspection. Good to go! Also just put my CB radio and antenna back in the Jeep out of boredom.

I UPGRADED from 35's to 30's. LOL

22ba62d2.jpg

There goes your mpg.

Back