• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

I need one, want to come do mine? :helpme:

Bring it on over. I understand why its easier to just swap out steering columns now. I have A LOT more patience when working on other people's rigs. I'm out of patience on mine. This is the last amount of work it'll see for a couple of months.

090929-145324.jpg

Swapped out the wiper switch in the steering column. Pulled the 'Check ABS' light bulb out of the dash. Got my parking brake cables setup and welded the little tab/bracket/clip thing that holds the cables in place. Just need to cut the spring on the cables so I can loop the cable around, adjust it, and good to go. FINALLY!

What was wrong with yours? Mine has the tilt column and it is wobbly all over the place. I have had it apart to replace the ignition cylinder but that is as far as I have gone.

My steering column is pretty loose as well. Wanna fix it for me? I'll give you $20.

Steering Columns can definately be a pain. I have swapped several, never really "worked" on one thouggh.

What was wrong with yours? Mine has the tilt column and it is wobbly all over the place. I have had it apart to replace the ignition cylinder but that is as far as I have gone.

Mine was wobbly, so I did this. But I managed to break a piece off of the wiper switch that pushes down the high beam rod when I was putting it together.

My steering column is pretty loose as well. Wanna fix it for me? I'll give you $20.

How about you come over to my place sometime and feed me some Whataburger of Mcdonalds and we'll call it even. :D

Haha. Whataburger OR Mcdonalds... Or Chipotle.... Mmmmm Chipotle.

Well Chipotle is McDonalds

How about you come over to my place sometime and feed me some Whataburger of Mcdonalds and we'll call it even. :D

lol! You sayin you wanna go on a date?

OK! :kissyou:
lmao:laugh2:

Haha. Whataburger OR Mcdonalds... Or Chipotle.... Mmmmm Chipotle.

I've never been to Chipotle. Every time i'm fidn'a go, I go somewhere else.

Well Chipotle is McDonalds

He has a point...for once...lol:viking:

lol! You sayin you wanna go on a date?

OK! :kissyou:
lmao:laugh2:

If thats what you want to call it, but I don't swing that way! Haha. But seriously, if you want me to fix it, I can.

Heh, that steering column is the last on my mind to fix on that XJ. But if I ever need any column work, lol, I know who to go to. I'm tryin to save up to buy a new 'o1 XJ by May.

No pics taken, but I did my front bumpstops tonight. I drilled and tapped a hole in my spring pads on the front. Then I threaded some 5/16's allthread into the tapped hole, and then welded a bead around the base of it to make sure it stays put. Then I drilled the hockey pucks, and put them over the allthread, and countersunk a washer and nut into the top puck. Cut the allthread off flush, and viola extended from bumpstops.

I ordered my new sneakers. I am having them put on Friday. I am going with 33" Maxxis Bighorns. So they will be just like my old BFG MT's but 1 size bigger. Anyone have a39 tooth speedo gear....
My first choice was the KM2's but they are back ordered EVERYWHERE right from the Michelin factory. Yes BFG is made by Michelin for those that do not know. Everyone I have talked to(on my thread here about them) and even all the reviews likes there Bighorns. So a grand later.....installed with certificates

I ordered my new sneakers. I am having them put on Friday. I am going with 33" Maxxis Bighorns. So they will be just like my old BFG MT's but 1 size bigger. Anyone have a39 tooth speedo gear....
My first choice was the KM2's but they are back ordered EVERYWHERE right from the Michelin factory. Yes BFG is made by Michelin for those that do not know. Everyone I have talked to(on my thread here about them) and even all the reviews likes there Bighorns. So a grand later.....installed with certificates

Niiiice I really dig those bighorns. I wish I could afford some new tires. When it finally does come time to replace my tires I will most likely go with those, or some swamper (maybe the 33-13.50 LTB).

Well, right now I'm working on my steering column again. Right turn signals don't work. Love working on it at 2AM.

Turns out I managed to cut one of the wires going to the turn signal switch when swapping out wiper switches. So now I have to get another turn signal switch, take the column apart AGAIN, put the new turn signal switch in, and put the column back together without XXXXing up the wires on the new switch.

I've been spun into a realm of pissed off I haven't been in in LONG time.

Back