• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

vacuumed out more rat eggs from under the hood.

started taping wires that have been chewed

replaced front bumper with a piece of 2x3 stock with tow bar brackets

bought tow bar to get the jeep to fort stockton - now its snowing heavily so I don't know If I'll risk it.

things are piling up, i have a new lock ring and seal for my gas tank so i can run more than 1/2 a tank with out fear of leaking all my liquid gold out. starting making a wish list to blow my savings on, and well that is its...

Got my new RE 4.5 springs installed, new brake lines front and rear and new shackles. I did discover that I need new wheel bearings on both sides.

This is the after pic.

New XJ.jpg

replaced the rear window on the new to me red '88 and thus replaced the broken plexiglass window and re-connected the rear window defroster. Although I doubt the defroster will work when I'm done with it.

My 242 has an actual SYE ...

Not their new one. New shaft, new tail-housing, no core charge. It's more than your parts jeep though.

u8ezeru4.jpg

What's the torque spec for steering box bills again? Turned a 10 minute job into over an hour.......

Imagine my surprise when I found that my caliper was only held on by one bolt........ Wasn't too happy about that. I did however find that a large craftsman flathead will work if you don't have hex keys handy

Drove the Jeep around yesterday. Not charging for crap now. Checked grounds last night, everything seems fine. Taking alternator out in a little bit to get it tested.

New tires came in (Ebay rocks) got them mounted and balanced. Got my hi-lift mounted to the front bumper...everything is now ready for ROM.

Had the alternator in the Jeep repaired since it was under warranty. Got a new battery at Sams for 3 whole dollars thanks to the warranty as well.

Jeep charges and runs way better now.

nice

I started the '88 today and it started on the first try.

Made sure my Jeep fits on the car trailer we are borrowing for RoM.

Tore my front end apart.
Wheel bearing exploded.... And I have no brakes.... Fun
All in the same day. I'll post pics of the bearing when I get it out. Hopefully it didn't take anything else out with it

"Well I can see the problem with no brakes. It seems you are missing a rotor."

Back