• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Thanks, I do try. :D

Do you remember the old Glen Campbell song "Try a little kindness?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvswocNN-g8&feature=kp

If you see your brother standing by the road
With a heavy load from the seeds he's sowed
And if you see your sister falling by the way
Just stop and say "You're going the wrong way"

You got to try a little kindness, yes show a little kindness
Just shine your light for everyone to see
And if you try a little kindness then you'll overlook the blindness
Of narrow-minded people on the narrow-minded streets
Don't walk around the down and out
Lend a helping hand instead of doubt
And the kindness that you show every day
Will help someone along their way

It still cracks me up, 40 years later.

How is every one doing these days?

How is every one doing these days?

Busy busy busy.

Working on getting the heater core out of my XJ. Had the AC system evac'd earlier. Ordered some new diff covers since I'll be working on balljoints next... if I get this over heating issue fixed.

been working on getting to the heater core since yesterday. Still no luck. I give up for now. Might have a friend come by Monday to see if he can finish it for me.

been working on getting to the heater core since yesterday. Still no luck. I give up for now. Might have a friend come by Monday to see if he can finish it for me.

I just hung a new one in front of the center grill right under my stereo 7 years ago on my 85, and ran hoses with a globe valve (ghetto Temperature controller) to it :D

It is tooo damn cold this winter.

mmmm. BEEF

Shoulda gone with countersunk bolts homie

I know they didn't offer them when I ordered my rear cover last year. I do see now that they offer a bolt package for $7.50 but there isn't any info about what exactly it has in the package.

I got the bolt kit which is just normal.bolts. didn't see a counter sunk option. Oh well.

I dont think they offer countersunk any longer. People say it offers more center support not allowing the housing to flex. Also hex bilt can be broken off or edges flattened, that said hexes can get filles with rocks

Got the heater core swapped out. Finally. Now just working on putting it all back together. Never again.

And I made a time lapse of today. (Minus the heater core part)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx-R6UXIBvQ

LOL, never say never, :)

Got the interior cleaned up and put back together. button up a few things under the hood and got the rest of the header panel put back together. Changed oil, checked fluids, and took her for a spin.

Doesn't over heat so far, but when I mash the pedal, coolant leaks into the passenger side foot well again. Looks like one of the clamps and/or hose to the heater core needs to be replaced. I'll be replacing both of the houses and the clamps tomorrow. Washed the Jeep while I was out.

Once thats all figured out, then it's on to changing diff fluids, changing front ball joints, and slapping on the new diff covers.

Got the hoses and clamps replaced. No more shooting coolant into the interior.

Stays around 210, goes to maybe 220 sometimes after mashing the pedal, but I think I just need to burp the cooling system some more.

Been driving the Jeep around. Added fluid to TCase. Got the registration renewed. Had a muffler and tailpipe put on so it will pass inspection. Its so quiet now, its weird. Been years since it's had a muffler on it. Now Im about to tear into doing the ball joints.

Ball joints are done. Turns out I needed rotors and pads to, so got new ones and slapped those in while I was at it. Also installed the diff covers. Busy day!

It gets aligned, inspected, and AC recharged on Saturday.

Back