• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

You missing a bolt on the rear cover?

And front passenger side axle seal is toast. Get to do that this weekend.

cut up a perfectly good D60
IMG_20140221_153836_zpsdenvdavc.jpg

IMG_20140221_152938_zpsmsfmuhmn.jpg

I was going to ask if you had lube lockers since you just put that cover on and were about to take it off again. Looks fun :gee:

I was going to ask if you had lube lockers since you just put that cover on and were about to take it off again. Looks fun :gee:

Yep. Loving the LubeLocker already.

Got the new seals in. Took it for a test drive, everything seemed good. Then I left to go to a friends place and the electrical system wasn't charging. Looked at it again later, disconnected the going to the battery and reconnected it while the Jeep was running to see what it would do. Started charging again. Guess I'll keep my eye on it.

Still charging fine.

Replaced turn signal bulb socket and put my front license plate "on."

I used self tappers to put my plate on my old JCR bumper. It was offset to the side since I had the front receiver.

double post

I used self tappers to put my plate on my old JCR bumper. It was offset to the side since I had the front receiver.

Might get around to doing that at some point.

Now its time to address my parking brake since it won't pass without it functioning. Just picked up new shoes so now I get to figure out how to put them in.

Got the parking brake all functioning again. Lets see what they want to fail me for tomorrow.

Took the Jeep to Rudy's yesterday to see how it did in the 70+ degree weather we had.

Did okay, until I turned the AC on. Would climb very slowly when cruising down the freeway. Once the AC was turned off, it cooled down again slowly.

Got to Rudys, ate, went to leave and the battery was dead. I really should wire the electric fans to something that kicks off when the ignition isn't on. Anyone know where to tap into for that?

As for the over heating, not really sure what to do next. I know my header is cracked to shit. Might be due for a catalytic converter?

Getting to the point of just wanting to let it sit there again.

Back