• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today MECHANICALY????

Got something else in the works other than the cut down pin in the hinge thingee?

Well, Im thinking of cuttin the pins out and using a quick pin. Or cutting the bottom of the hinges off like on earlier xj hinges. Still not sure, I want my doors to still open and close good. I myself want to be able to take my doors off and on by myself.

It got windy so I put my doors back on, the. I failed at fixing my window regulator, then failed again at putting radiator fix crap in my radiator....

Welded 10 new bolts on my rear fender flare brackets so I can finally put them back on. I'm pretty sure those stock bolts are made out of solder and rust, weakest bolts ever.

Got the spare AW4 swap nearly finished on the 87, NP242 TCase swapped between AW4s, and the entire assy back on the engine from under the jeep. Down to fluid lines, exhaust, and cables left to reconnect.

Rattlecan'd my 2x6 rockers and doorsills today with flat black. Figured I was having so much fun painting the nursery, I should take it outside.

Fixed my driver side dome light switch and screwed the plastic to my hatch to get rid of some rattles.

I think I found the Romulan cloaked gremlin hiding in the 89 ignition system!

Added a HD starter relay to the ignition switch to starter solenoid wiring on my 85 diesel.

I picked up what I thought was a '91 gauge cluster a while back to swap into the Jeep. Turns our the front and back look the same but the speedo inside is different than mine so I couldn't swap them. The good news is that I think I might have fixed the original problem by pulling my old speedo out and putting it back in, loose connection or something. Oh, the guy in brown brought these today:
2011-02-23134842.jpg

To replace the completely worn out MTR's.

Cool. What are they and what size?

ordered a set of tail light boxes with LED's and filled my Co2 tank.

245/75r16 Duratracs to fit TJ Moab wheels. I thought about going to a 265 but the Jeep is mainly used for camping and trips to the cabin so I decided to stick with the 245s.

I got my new tires mounted, balanced and put on the Jeep. I then discovered the water pump I installed a few weeks ago is going bad:mad:.

I hate water pumps. I'm on my 3rd one in 3 years.

Just ordered some 2 inch shorter shackles for the front.

Back