• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today MECHANICALY????

Finished the bumper I've been building for two weeks. Painted and installed:

BumperProgress14.jpg

BumperProgress17.jpg

BumperProgress16.jpg

Looks good.

I parked mine last night. Back to daily driving the Golf now that the snow and Ice is all gone. Considering how much I spent on gas this past week, thats okay with me!

Looks good. What about tow points?

This is a poseur bumper only.

:nono:

I basically went from zero weld/fab skills to building this bumper so I didn't really bother with recovery since it won't hold a winch or anything. My stock bumper was all smashed up (thanks, previous owner) and I just wanted a high clearance, durable replacement. The only real offroading I do with it is on construction sites for work and I never get stuck.

Swapped on my old set of wheels last night in the snow after I had this flat tire on the turnpike:
MTR.jpg

Now shopping for a new set of tires and looking for a single Moab wheel for a matching spare. Let me know if anyone has a lead on one.

I regret not driving mine to work today.

Looks good.

I parked mine last night. Back to daily driving the Golf now that the snow and Ice is all gone. Considering how much I spent on gas this past week, thats okay with me!

I regret not driving mine to work today.
LOL, that's funny!

Hope nothing bad happened, it was just funny to see you say you were happy to be driving the car and then...not so much.
:rof:

LOL yeah. Mainly since everything was iced over again this morning. I was't awake enough to think to take the Jeep.

Spent the morning at the pull-a-part pulling a D30 housing for StylerG and a front drive shaft for me.
Got back to the house and proceeded to do two Teraflex SYE kits. One on StylerG's 231 that was already out of his rig and the other on the 231 under mine. I did mine with the TC case still bolted to the transmission. Overall, very simple. My only hangup was having to cut off the shift rod since I've got a '90 231 under mine.
Managed to find a front drive shaft at the yard that is in excellent shape. Bolted it right up, reset the pinion angle and away I went.
All in all, a very productive Sat.

Replaced all 4 ball joints with spicers. Took out the front coil spacers to just sit on 4.5" coils. Changed out my uppers to modified rustys units that now have adustable heims on the end. Replaced all the of the bushings on my zj steering with energy suspension poly units. Pulled a leaf from both sides of my rusty's 4.5" packs so that it only comes to about 5" with my extended shackle and HDO relocators. Changed the oil and front diff fluid. Didn't get around to rear diff.

Just finished up a rib eye and a couple of cold 'stars. Feeling good.

Ordered rear springs for mine.

Tried to fix the brake lights switch problem on the 89. Starting to look like prior owner installed the wrong Vac booster. Looking like the stock sleeve and brake light switch wont work properly.

Did fix the T-fluid hose leaks, Clamps just needed a little snugging up, due cold spell.

Replaced all 4 ball joints with spicers. Took out the front coil spacers to just sit on 4.5" coils. Changed out my uppers to modified rustys units that now have adustable heims on the end. Replaced all the of the bushings on my zj steering with energy suspension poly units. Pulled a leaf from both sides of my rusty's 4.5" packs so that it only comes to about 5" with my extended shackle and HDO relocators. Changed the oil and front diff fluid. Didn't get around to rear diff.

Just finished up a rib eye and a couple of cold 'stars. Feeling good.
Doh. Never realized that there weren't stock isolators under the spacers. Not a good ride at the moment.

I drove mine to work for the first time in a while. The leafs make it ride WAAAAY nicer. I'm going to order some 3 degree shims today and work on my bumpstops.

Back