• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What trails do you want to run?

Damn.... that was fun. Ill never forget that line Rick and i took off the side of one the trails. Kyung was spotting us off huge ledge in the dark. I nearly shit myself watching Rick almost flop over the front, but gas out of it. Then it was my turn.... what a rush that was!!!

I remember as well. You Cali guys did some crazy shit!

I remember as well. You Cali guys did some crazy shit!

So this was not the only time he did it following Kyung and Matty

LA2008019.jpg

Last edited:
Gasman... where is that picture in your avatar from?

I believe that's Willow Springs. It's east of Phx. The trail is gated and requires a permit from the National Forest District. Which is cool becasue it keeps the stackers and trash out. That trail is very scenic and fun to run. Here's some pic's I found:

Willow11.jpg

willow6.jpg

willow8.jpg

willowrocks4-22.jpg

Elvis is much easier than h2h. I've ran it several times. There are a couple optional lines that makes it more interesting overall is pretty easy. I would really like to do h2h again and have never done x but it sounds like a lot of fun. I don't have a winch, but I'm also not full bodied so it should be fine. Looking forward to running with you guys.

I believe that's Willow Springs. It's east of Phx. The trail is gated and requires a permit from the National Forest District. Which is cool becasue it keeps the stackers and trash out. That trail is very scenic and fun to run. Here's some pic's I found:

Willow11.jpg

willow6.jpg

willow8.jpg

willowrocks4-22.jpg

Wow... looks amazing there! Thanks for sharing

All looks great, going out in the garage now to get more ready. Thanks for the pics.

Damn. I want to be Doctor Thom.

Travel all over the country to all of the events!

Coming to SoCal Fest in April or May Thom? ;)

Not planning April, be at EJS in Moab. Nothing fun in May, wife wants Hawaii.Trying to put it together for SoCal Jambo 3/13 though, but may just stay on Phoenix & see if I can get those AZ guys to show me some of their wheelin. And hay, I was a great hard working dentist for 40 years to be able to wheel around now.

And hay, I was a great hard working dentist for 40 years to be able to wheel around now.

But you see, I don't want to go through work and junk like that in order to get what I want. I just want it handed to me now on a silver platter!

But you see, I don't want to go through work and junk like that in order to get what I want. I just want it handed to me now on a silver platter!

Ya, I thought like that too when I was a young stud. OK lets get back to trails.

I wanna do Cottonwood Canyon Road, I hear its a REAL SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

!!!1:wstupid:

Im good for either UA or LA or either of the woodys, elvis, martinez loop, maybe H2H well see about that one x is out I still like my rig too much and well see about WW...
themud
Its almost wheelin time...

Im good for either UA or LA or either of the woodys, elvis, martinez loop, maybe H2H well see about that one x is out I still like my rig too much and well see about WW...
themud
Its almost wheelin time...
What you called "The Woodys" you mean the woodpeckers lower and upper.
If X is out for you so is WW, I saw it bend and dent cages last time a guy got stuck in it. Usually the body will need a high lift on it to get it unwedged then a winch to drag it out.

cdhowell and I ran X with a buddy not long ago with no damage. It is a narrow, steep, short trail.

Axle Alley- couple of stretched TJs just recently rolled nose over trying to do the last fall. Fortunately they were full caged. They had not pulled line.

Does anyone know OD or BM? I don't know where they are. I've seen a few pics.

cdhowell and I ran X with a buddy not long ago with no damage. It is a narrow, steep, short trail.

Axle Alley- couple of stretched TJs just recently rolled nose over trying to do the last fall. Fortunately they were full caged. They had not pulled line.

Does anyone know OD or BM? I don't know where they are. I've seen a few pics.

Yes, OD has a very tight squeez and one AA size fall. I really like that trail, real short too.

BM is chill till the end, uphill sideways notch. I broke an alloy 35spline stub going up it last time. Its a real PITA for built rigs, I have tube dents from it, not fun just a PITA. Going down it is fun, that eliminates the bound up broke factor.

I'm going to guess that those trails would be rated 4.5+? You interested in leading folks through there? I don't know if anyone else knows them.

I'm going to try and have a friend (built buggy) show me the trailheads but I'm not built for them.

I'm going to guess that those trails would be rated 4.5+? You interested in leading folks through there? I don't know if anyone else knows them.

I'm going to try and have a friend (built buggy) show me the trailheads but I'm not built for them.

I can lead a run on OD.
BM Im not interested in leading, but well see.
Some suggestions
Hard trail list 1:
WW, AA, X, OD

Hard trail list 2:
LW, UW, H2H, UA

list 1 is harder then list 2.
Id recommend no more then 8 rigs for list 2 and no more then 6 for list 1.
If we have more we would need to be choosie on which trails to skip.

Back