• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to expect as a Moab Noob?

Sun Tzu said:
A battle plan never survives contact with the enemy

In all seriousness, there'll pretty much always be something going on. Go with the flow.

I ate there last night(Moab brewery) I brew better beer in buckets in my basement. And I can cook a better burger in a damn pan on the stove.

SWEET!

I think we found our Brew / Burger master for the trip!!! I cant wait to get one of those stove top burgers from a pan, and bucket brewed beer!!
Nothing says great time like Beer from a bucket!! :cheers:

sandyeggoxj, Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I have only had my xj since last October, I think it was when I bought it. But it is black, with black wheels. I've lived in Moab for almost 20 years now, and I don't know why I waited so long to get a jeep. I don't remember seeing yours though. Maybe I will see you around now that I notice xj's a lot more than I used to.

Re: Re: What to expect as a Moab Noob?

sandyeggoxj, Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I have only had my xj since last October, I think it was when I bought it. But it is black, with black wheels. I've lived in Moab for almost 20 years now, and I don't know why I waited so long to get a jeep. I don't remember seeing yours though. Maybe I will see you around now that I notice xj's a lot more than I used to.

No worries! This will be the 7th season it will be around moab. Maybe we will cross paths this year!

Can't forget Milt's Stop & Eat, a ways off the main drag, on the way out to Hell's Revenge. Burgers, malts, etc.

- and, yes, ZAX with the all-ya-can-eat gourmet pizza is always good.

Then, if you want something nice, great view with food to match at Sunset Grill, for a sunset dinner: http://www.sunsetgrillmoab.com/

Alrighty.......then...:) You'll be bringin' yer modded schtuff, ready to take on the tough terrain, and....if he is still kicking about there, you may just run into THIS guy in the vid...!

We met him, I think three years back, on the annual trip to Moab. Travels with his dog, takes his mountain bike along in the trunk to ride around, but his wheelin' with the Ford Crown Vic....which is not modded at all, I believe....will make yer feats-of-four-wheelin' feel less impressive...!!

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFwPXEeJ3aI

Sure. He got Curt's longbed up.

IMG_1170.jpg

nope.gif

Tara and I are getting to town early on the 5th being we planned on driving the jeep out and back and gave ourselves extra time on each end. That being said we have since purchased a tow rig that will but our trip down to two days each way max. So what is a first time Moab noob to do two days before most will show up. ?
MY plan was to run some of the "easy" trails....do I just get a trail sticker for those days in town? how does this work? I know the trial rides during the even the trail pass is covered....Thanks for the help guys.....also what trails would you run? I was thinking trails like dome plateau and fins and things.

Ram" I am so ready to hit Moab" Rod

Go hit the national parks. If you have never been there before you really should go check out arches national park.

I've been to moab once and didnt do any of the "sight seeing" .....This is still my plan for Sunday the 6th

Go hit the national parks. If you have never been there before you really should go check out arches national park.

that was on the list great idea Ryan....Thanks for the input guys....

Back