• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What lift??

what lift should i save up for?

• Iron rock off road

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • clayton

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • rubicon express

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • rustys offroad

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

G.P_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Im in the process of saving up for a larger lift kit, (will probably get it by july of 2010 if im lucky) and i have a couple kits in mind. Im just making this poll to get an idea of what you guys think of the kits.

if you have another one in mind please let me know what it is and why.

Thanks
Garrett

Last edited:
sorry frank,
im looking for around 6-8 inches, long arm, full packs thats all i know right now

I say do a frankenlift.
BOR (Alcan) leafs, RE coils, Clayton's arms.

That's some serious lifting! Anything over 6.5 is gonna require alot more than just slapping a lift on it.

X2!
You're gonna need an SYE, a drop pitman arm or some other steering correction, etc.

I voted for RE, they make pretty good stuff for the $. But that being said, I'm running TNT Customs (now TREKS Offorad?) Y-link with RE springs and I'm pertty happy with it.

Frank Z's long arms are nice too, and he's local, I'd support him if you don't care about a "Name Brand" kit.

I am in the process of installing TNT long arms, 5.5'' Rubicon coils, 4.5'' Rubicon rear packs with 1.5'' TNT u bolt eliminators. When my Rubicon packs die I will be going with BOR packs. Both ends will have Rubicon monotubes and bumpstops. All this on top of a Currie 9'' rear and HP44 I narrowed to TJ Rubi width, 1 ton steering. I will be running 35's.
What size tire do you plan to run? Do you have a SYE? What axles are you running? Do you plan on steering upgades? There is a lot to lifting a rig properly.

I am not going to vote for any of the above. I myself run a BDS long arm and would not have it any other way! If you are set on the above kits then RE or Claytons. Take a look at this http://www.bds-suspension.com/kits/455H

I am in the process of installing TNT long arms, 5.5'' Rubicon coils, 4.5'' Rubicon rear packs with 1.5'' TNT u bolt eliminators. When my Rubicon packs die I will be going with BOR packs. Both ends will have Rubicon monotubes and bumpstops. All this on top of a Currie 9'' rear and HP44 I narrowed to TJ Rubi width, 1 ton steering. I will be running 35's.
What size tire do you plan to run? Do you have a SYE? What axles are you running? Do you plan on steering upgades? There is a lot to lifting a rig properly.

Im planning on running 35's-37's at the moment i dont have a SYE because im at about 3.5 inches of lift, but i will be running a HP dana 30 front (came stock) and a ford 8.8 rear (just bought), I'll probably make my own custom steering.

by the way here's the link to the RE lift....

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Search/Product.aspx?part=RE6307

Im planning on running 35's-37's at the moment i dont have a SYE because im at about 3.5 inches of lift, but i will be running a HP dana 30 front (came stock) and a ford 8.8 rear (just bought), I'll probably make my own custom steering.

by the way here's the link to the RE lift....

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Search/Product.aspx?part=RE6307

You will need a SYE for sure! Your dana 30 can survive 35's if you are easy on the gas but if you plan on 37's you had better get a 44 or 60! Your 8.8 is a very good choice but if it were me I would go for a 9! You are going to want better brakes up front with 35 and up tire size! What upgrades are you planning for the axles? What is your plan for the steering? TnT makes the best radius arm lift for the Cherokee!!

You will need a SYE for sure! Your dana 30 can survive 35's if you are easy on the gas but if you plan on 37's you had better get a 44 or 60! Your 8.8 is a very good choice but if it were me I would go for a 9! You are going to want better brakes up front with 35 and up tire size! What upgrades are you planning for the axles? What is your plan for the steering? TnT makes the best radius arm lift for the Cherokee!!

I would have loved to had a 9" but i picked up the 8.8 for $40 complete and in amazing condition, i was planning on getting upgraded shafts front and rear. as for the dana 30, that would stay until i got the funds to find a 44 to swap in. For steering, the two guys across the street from me are great fabricators and do all their own work, so i would have them help me make some beefy steering.

You will need a sye at that ammount of lift for sure. For what it would cost to build that 30 into something that could survive 35's, you could build a 44. If I was going to run 37's a 60 or a hybrid 9'' 60 would be in order. The 8.8 will be fine with 35's but I would stuff it with cromo shafts.

What I plan on doing is 5.5 inch RE coils 4 inch flexE leafs boomerang shackle claytons long arms jks discos and bilstien shocks

For what it would cost to build that 30 into something that could survive 35's, you could build a 44.
Not true!! I have been running a stock lp30 on 35's for the past 3 years and have only broken a u-joint and shaft. For the weekend warrior, a 30 is just fine!!

If I was going to run 37's a 60 or a hybrid 9'' 60 would be in order. The 8.8 will be fine with 35's but I would stuff it with cromo shafts.
Agreed

Back