• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What doesn't work on your Jeep

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Was thinking about this the other day as I was using some of my unemployed time to fix some of the lesser issues on my XJ... how many of you have things that don't work on your Jeep that you just haven't made it a priority to fix, or don't care if it works or not.

I just fixed:
Air Conditioning
Emergency Brake

Still broken:
Rear wiper
Rear washer
Radio (can use CD's but no reception)

rear wiper washer
my trail rig needs some new light sockets in the tail
my old jeep had no drivers belt recoil so instead of fixing it my temp fix was a bracket that positively locked the belt one length so it held you tight
i have since made this for all trail rigs

oh yeah i almost forgot...

CLUTCH I need to fix that...really

all the dash and console lights. i dont know how but i shorted em all out, its not the bulbs and no fuses popped so f**# it :dunno:

XJ, evaporator, new radiator, spring tune up, change the tranny and tc fluids, cycle the bolts and anti-seize them on the rear skid, shock mounts, rear bumper. Continue to look for new seats in spice leather. Work up enough barter hours at a customers body shop to get the dents knocked out and get it repainted, about half way there on that one.

TJ#1 tranny and TC fluids, tune up

A/C, rear wiper. It had some electrical gremlins in it when I bought it. The problem was in the ignition switch, but the previous owner had wired around the some of the things that didn't work. The electrical radiator fan will come on when you turn on the defrost???? Still have not found where its wired wrong for that.

evil dead said:
my old jeep had no drivers belt recoil so instead of fixing it my temp fix was a bracket that positively locked the belt one length so it held you tight
i have since made this for all trail rigs

Better not gain weight!

Red Jeep:
Air Conditioning
Hatch dome lamp switch
Cruise Control

Chief:
Hatch dome lamp switch
LH door dome lamp switch

My junk's not too junky these days ;)

its basically two pieces of metal and 4 bolts so i can adjust it if i pull a bolt but in the seat you snug it up and no worries about if your recoil will hold if you flop and your factory belt never hld you like this its like a three point racing harness? kinda like a cg lock if youve heard of them

The light in my climate control panel sh!t the bed the other day.

Oh....and my drivers power lock only unlocks the rear passenger door on chamber of commerce days. Guess I can't haul passengers.

My windshield now has 5 cracks in it that are running every which way. I think I'll wait til it's in my lap though.

- rear wiper/washer
- front door speakers
- 4wd indicator light
- hatch dome light switch
- passenger side power window
- under hood light
- ejection seat

Other than my headliner slowly turning into a lap blanket, my power door locks being a sometimes thing and the typical oil leaks I'm in pretty good shape. I try to keep up with it. Super glue is your friend.

off the top of my head:

airconditioner (in a front end crash a long time ago, never got fixed)
halogen fog lights (just a blown fuse probably)
HUD display (works when it wants to basically..
muffler (hit a rock, still being held up by wire clothes hangar)
other than that, all the rest of the stuff works, but still needs to be fixed.

1: relocate washer bottle (from my office to somewhere under my hood)
2: transmission mount - maybe today....
3: doors are still attached
4: paint, paint, paint
5: it's also had a big lack of wheeling lately...need to fix that, too.

1. Air Conditioning
2. Cruise Control

... And thats all I can think of. My Jeep is too flawless.

Kyle Petterson said:
1: relocate washer bottle (from my office to somewhere under my hood)
2: transmission mount - DONE
3: doors are still attached
4: paint, paint, paint
5: it's also had a big lack of wheeling lately...need to fix that, too.
6: replace oil filter adapter o-rings

Back