• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do you think of this control arm bracket design?

I think he's talking about the sizing bushings used as jigs while welding. I always make mine a little bit oversize too.

right, I can't really make mine oversized, running hard joints doesn't allow me much room for error. especially since I try to box in all of my tabs, so I can't really clamp around the joint.

Your saving yourself quite a bit of trouble by buying the frame stiffeners.... i can imagine that being a TON of mock up/remove/modify/re mock up repeat....

If i had to do it again, i'd buy again.

As far as oversized mock up bushings... i agree about getting them right on, if theyre oversized, and you box in tabs, you're just giving your suspension extra clanking...

not very oversized. Even 10 thou is enough to make the joint slide in place instead of having to be messed around with... the first time. After you've landed on the edges of the bracket a few times clearly it's going to be somewhat tweaked.

got the control arm tabs boxed in, everything still fits so i am good. axle is all welded, cleaned up, painted, and brake lines bent. just going to do a thurough cleaning of the insides and drop the carrier, shafts, and exploder brakes on. cant wait!

got the control arm tabs boxed in, everything still fits so i am good. axle is all welded, cleaned up, painted, and brake lines bent. just going to do a thurough cleaning of the insides and drop the carrier, shafts, and exploder brakes on. cant wait!

but you forgot to post pics... =(

yea, i ended up having to make new retainer plates for the axle shafts. just about finished them, then i can get the shafts and brakes on, and i'll post up pictures.

Back