• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you need to get done between now and then?

Spaz said:
1: Buy Membership
2: Ask off from work
3: Custom Fab New Front / Rear Bumpers
4: Install Both Winches that are sitting in my garage
5: Get extended TB
6: Install Detroit Locker
7: Fab new rockers
8: Buy new bigger Tent

Are dogs allowed at this? If not I may not be able to come, I have 2 Purebread Akita's about 115lbs each.

I was wondering the same thing I have a 65lb pit bull I would love to bring, just not sure what I would do when we are out on the trail :dunno:

Tom

PDeeXJ said:
I suppose I'll need some tow points, maybe even a hitch.
Full size spare.
Coil spacers for a 2 inch lift.
And get this 6mpg thing figured out....

I've got a hitch for cheap... it's a 1 &1/4", but it'll work. I used it as a rear recovery point for a year and a half. If interested, PM me, 20 bucks and it's yours.

Adam

Hmm lets see

Install d44 in rear w/4.88's
Install non-disco d30 w/4.88's
Purchase some body armor,rails and thor's.
Purchase cb, thats not chrome and hideous.
Mount fullsize spare on rim.

That should just about do it, oh yeah buy bumpers and winch.:doh:

Sean

Looking at the list and talking to Jamez yesterday, maybe we should talk/pay John to open the shop for a Sat or Sun locker install day.

1. Get Membership (I get paid in 24hours so consider it done)
2. front tow points
3. Get lift (likely done durring march RE 3.5" or 4.5")
4. bigger tires (31s or 33s havent decided yet depends on how lift goes)
5. locker for D30 up front (hopefully sometime in the next 3 months)
6. get rid of rear d35 and lower gears for d30 and d35 replacement (gonna be close if I can pull that by june)
7. winch for front
8. rear locker

so I should be able to get 1-5 done by june. 6 is iffy and 7 and 8 are probably going to be for late summer early fall. Unless of course I find some sweet deals and don't blow too much money on females between now and then. oh yeah almost forgot herculine inside of jeep and get rid of gas smell entirely (making sure of course not to touch hootus while herculining).

XJCasper said:
Looking at the list and talking to Jamez yesterday, maybe we should talk/pay John to open the shop for a Sat or Sun locker install day.

hahaha... I may be down, as long as it's not like the Gearfest clusterfawk ;)

Let's see.... what do I need to do.... get Matt's axles off my rig (hopefully Saturday).... build new axles... dunno, I guess that's about it, should be done by March mudfest :)

On a side note, does anybody have one of those fancy DVD projectors? It'd be cool to be able to sit around camp and watch wheeling movies at night. :laugh2:

J

Avanteone said:
On a side note, does anybody have one of those fancy DVD projectors? It'd be cool to be able to sit around camp and watch wheeling movies at night. :laugh2:

J

I almost bought one last month but the decision came down to projector or Jeep. I think I made the right decision.

Avanteone said:

J

That is what we did last year at NWfest. Well except it was 20 guys around a laptop.:jester:

XJourney said:
That is what we did last year at NWfest. Well except it was 20 guys around a laptop.:jester:
I could bring my 22" lcd and surround sound system if somebody wants to bring a generator

WaXJ_Skier said:
I could bring my 22" lcd and surround sound system if somebody wants to bring a generator

I will be there /w full hookups, generator, etc ;) I'll try and dig up some pics of my version of "roughing" it for those who don't know me. :)

J

rear disk brake conversion

-Kyle[/QUOTE]

Brakes do I need brakes. How can you wheel with brakes. I thought that what low gears were for?

1) Put doors back on
2) put axles back on
3) Take off the pink "off Road Princess" sticks my son's-n-laws stuck on my jeep :smsoap:
other then that I'm good.

GreenbeltXJ said:
Matt's axles
33in. rubber
Rusty's HD track bar and mount
Rusty's steering box reinforcement
Sell old axles and locker

Hopefully all will be done before march mud fest.

axles on!
rusty's crap in the mail, should be here this week

WaXJ_Skier said:
1. Get Membership (I get paid in 24hours so consider it done)
2. front tow points
6. get rid of rear d35 and lower gears for d30 and d35 replacement (gonna be close if I can pull that by june)
7. winch for front
8. rear locker

so I should be able to get 1-5 done by june. 6 is iffy and 7 and 8 are probably going to be for late summer early fall. Unless of course I find some sweet deals and don't blow too much money on females between now and then. oh yeah almost forgot herculine inside of jeep and get rid of gas smell entirely (making sure of course not to touch hootus while herculining).

scratch #1 off the list

1. Get Membership
2. front tow points (working on it now)
7. winch for front
8. rear locker

Go to local pull and save yard and pick up a 231.
Install 231
Then install the reason for the 231 swap, a TnT Y-link system.
Get alignment then wheel'er some more.
Cleatus92
Trevor

Originally Posted by GreenbeltXJ
Matt's axles-done
33in. rubber-not going to happen:bawl:
Rusty's HD track bar and mount-done
Frame Strengthener & Trac-bar Mount Brace-done
Rusty's steering box reinforcement-need to get rite drill bit
Sell old axles and locker -locker sold...who needs an 8.25??

Hopefully all will be done before march mud fest

workaholic said:
I may or may not own a 2500w generator ;) only thing is its loud so i'm not sure how that would work.

Tom

so we run a few hundred feet of exstension cord and put the generator in a remote location

WaXJ_Skier said:
so we run a few hundred feet of exstension cord and put the generator in a remote location

According to the most recent posts, doesn't sound like there's gonna be any camping... but if there is, I'll be there and my generator is near silent ;)

J

Avanteone said:
According to the most recent posts, doesn't sound like there's gonna be any camping... but if there is, I'll be there and my generator is near silent ;)

J
but that takes all the fun out of running retarded amounts of cable

My NEED list is short:
1. Install brake controller on both tow rigs (not sure which we will bring yet).
2. Since we sold the Motorhome, we might need to buy a bigger tent, and update the camping stove;)
3. The XJ doesn't NEED anything.

My WANT list is much longer:
1. Finish the tube fenders.
2. Install pressure switch for OBA.
3. Install rock lights.
4. Install shaved/trussed D44 with 4.88's and spool.
5. Install more flexible rear spring pack.
6. Install front locker with 297 shafts (new hubs at same time).
7. Build gutter slider and "A" pillar support.
8. Move and build new TB and move steering to OTK.

Michael

Back