• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you collect?

Things that catch my fancy, the odd knife here and there, odd firearms, fishing gear, half empty paint cans, about to have a big yard sale to get my cellar and shop cleaned out sometime in the next 3 weeks or so once we figure out how to price the stuff. Gotta finish painting the great room and get the new carpet in first.

Shot glasses, guns and old/unusual coins
Wife collects cookie jars(she's got about 130 of them and some are actually worth some decent money) and carnival glass.

Knifes from around the world, old movie posters *I've got an original "Gone With the Wind" movie poster that has printing not seen on any other, dated to 1939* and several suveniers from around the globe.

Being serious... (if that's possible for me)

I collect Single Malt Scotch... Have about 50 or so at any one time. I drink somes... I buy somes...

Good stuff too. (Macallan 18 & 25's, Balvenie Double Wood, Private labels) Most all are Speyside or Highland Scotch's

Knives (especially various US/NATO issue)
Trucks (Yes, I actively seek out various models - I'm working on various Jeeps and Military Issue)
Parts (For experimental purposes - a lot of them end up getting torn to bits)
Electronics (don't ask me why. I've got a couple dozen computers lying about...)
Metal Stock (most of which gets used in projects. Eventually...)
Books (printed material and blank notebooks - I have bibliophilia. So does my wife.)
Korea & Vietnam-era militaria (say, 1950-1977 or thereabouts.)

What else? I'd have to check - I'm sure there are some subconscious accumulations as well.

Oh - degrees. I've spent so much time being told I'm "overqualified and undereducated" (?!?) that I've decided to spend the next few years stacking up degrees like trading cards...

5-90

Magazines. I can't seem to throw them out as I fear I will need them for reference later on down the road. Knowing I have never looked at an old issue again. Well except those swimsuit issues :)

Caleb

BlackXJ4x4 said:
Magazines. I can't seem to throw them out as I fear I will need them for reference later on down the road. Knowing I have never looked at an old issue again. Well except those swimsuit issues :)

Caleb

Embrace the trash man. Throwing stuff out is liberating. I used to be like you until I became enlightened.

BlackXJ4x4 said:

Caleb

I thought I was the only one who did that!

Lawn Cher' said:
He's got two from NJ from an anonymous donor.

I'm hoping I can get one from a far distant country should REMI be kind enough.

That would be the (explitive here):D

I have to post a list of the ones I need...I'm 15 shy I think.

Guam is hopfully coming in a couple of weeks.

Rocketman said:
I thought I was the only one who did that!

I can't bring to throw something out that I paid so much to read once. I hate that! I have started to collect DVDs now and man those things are a good investment. Just like the VHS right?

Lawn Cher' said:
Embrace the trash man. Throwing stuff out is liberating. I used to be like you until I became enlightened.

Enlightend or just sick of it. Right now I have a big enough room that I can stash them and not see them. Hell I still have severl years worth at my Mom's house...

BlackXJ4x4 said:
I can't bring to throw something out that I paid so much to read once. I hate that! I have started to collect DVDs now and man those things are a good investment. Just like the VHS right?

Could be worse - you could have a collection in BETA!

5-90

I collect toy Jeeps, children's books about Jeeps (just got my latest one in today), and collect magazine advertisements for all the cars I own.

I also live in Nashville, so I try to get CD's autographed when I see county stars out and about...so far I have collected: Craig Morgan, Rhett Atkins, Blake Shelton, Charlie Daniels, George Jones, and Doug Stone. Unfortunately I didn't have any CDs with me when I bumped into Alan Jackson and Dolly Parton. I would really like to get Merle Haggard. I only collect the ones that I get personally.

Back