• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

It's the nth degree 44 pinion skid. Got it for nothing and will work great!

Pulled it out of the garage todsy for the 1st time in a few months

Finished installing the RE 3.5 lift. About to go get some new 31's and an alignmen.

I think I'm going to need to get some axle shims or something though.. the rear driveshaft is angled pretty bad and popped a lot on my test drive around the block.

0ff526ebe36a1b74eadca36549ae03c7.jpg

Replaced upper control arm on the xj due to an annoying squeak after quite the struggle replacing the arm the squeak is still there.

Ball joints.. they suck. I hadn't ever replaced any before and it's been quite a pain. The lower was seized in the knuckle so I had to cut the bolt to get the knuckle out.

e00dd4d997ba2c2d89100dd1a145c71b.jpg

About to start installing the new ball joints.

I rented the ball joint compressor that auto zone had and it helped a lot. I also had to bust out my torch and a big ol' hammer. Took me about 4 hours to get both joints on the driver side done. Still getting some popping but I'm just glad it's on all 4's again. I suspect the popping is from my vacuum disco on the d30. Bout to attempt the CAD eliminator mod.

396a55d1deb770641f004e64264b16bb.jpg

much much needed upgrade as I have been driving my jeep more this summer... the Stereo I installed in 2006 in Highschool was just not cutting it.

This one is a great stereo for 100 bucks, bluetooth and hands free calling. Makes me want to do the sound deadening next and order new speakers.

sNELYf3.jpg

Today I am about to go take a drive. Did front brakes last night. Something is not grabbing correctly, so gonna go take it out for a test flight before the sun comes up.

Doing the brakes I found out we lost a pad during NWFest. At particular point, I believe during my tire burst, damage was created to my pad. I noticed a little braking decrease afterwards, but nothing crazy. My son moved the Jeep last week to find out the brake pressure was non-existant. Probably scared the cr@p out of him, but he handled it calmly.

Finished up my rough country 4.5 inch lift slapped my 33's on only to realize the wheels I have are 5.2" of backspace decides to get a set of hubcentric spacers which wasn't the plan for this build but it will have to do until I can finish my full width axles.

Back