• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

70d4e84e86b88382ee092470c9adc1c7.jpg

I washed my next wheeler

Larry why would you paint a pristine white late model ugly forest service colors?!

Nick, I remember when mine looked like that, not so long ago. I wish mine was still that straight! I went to hoodoo last weekend, ran quack attack (in reverse, don't ask) and let's just say my late model is not so pretty anymore. That was one hell of a fun trail though!

Larry why would you paint a pristine white late model!

A hahahahhhahahahahaha you make me laugh, I don't know what you saw but mine ain't pristine or really white lol
But I've actually always like the Forrest service green color. Call me crazy but my uncle was a forest fire fighter and his green truck made me like that color

I may be interested in the whole engine. Maybe the whole jeep....
How 'totaled' is it? Any pics?

What if I said the jeep has 4.5" of lift? I honestly don't want to part the engine and I'm too lazy to pull the motor. I'm sure we can make ya (or another taker) a smoking deal.

Any drop brackets? What kind of lift?

Just think, we could do part out party lol

Here's the rundown-
The front is an unknown lift, but it's got 2" spacers
Rear is OME
Blown bilstein shocks in the rear
Front might be okay
8.25/d30
Jks lower control arms
Drop pitman arm
Brand new (100 miles maybe) redhead steering box
Iron rock offroad hack n tap
The impact folded the swaybar, so that's gone
Iron rock offroad double shear track bar (tweaked, you'll need a vice to straighten it out a hair, its not bad.)
I have a set of Dukie's swaybar disconnects for it.
I pulled the bushwhacker flat fender flairs, but I'll throw those in too.
We have been swapping in a grey, the tan was sun rotten and mixed with grey by the PO.
Black magic brakes and new rotors on the front.
The seats are a zj swap front and rear,other then being very comfortable the upholstery is baggy.

The Jeep had 220k miles on it... I don't know what its worth to you guys.

RedJeep 2.0 has first dibs.

Its on 32" tires that have 8k of use, but my wife wants to put those on her new Jeep...

The drivers door wiring is gone.

It was a daily driver till an asshat did this:
c110c17d64f466590fcec2e43260b1af.jpg

It currently looks like this:
dcc5f4cf299b51b5cd0159d52658220b.jpg

The drivers frame rail took the hit.

I'm so jealous.

Quack Attack has been on my radar for awhile. I definitely want to run it later this summer. We need a trip report!

It was a last minute thing, but I kept thinking 'Dustin would love this'
It's by far the most extreme trail I've done in Oregon/Washington. Closest I can compare it to is canyon crawling in Arizona. It beats the shit out of you from start to finish. Around every corner is another seemingly impossible obstacle, but it was a blast. We plan to go back, I'll let you know when.

I've been meaning to post a little, I have a bunch of pics and videos. Trying to compete with a Torxreport is a challenge though....

It was a last minute thing, but I kept thinking 'Dustin would love this'
It's by far the most extreme trail I've done in Oregon/Washington. Closest I can compare it to is canyon crawling in Arizona. It beats the shit out of you from start to finish. Around every corner is another seemingly impossible obstacle, but it was a blast. We plan to go back, I'll let you know when.

I've been meaning to post a little, I have a bunch of pics and videos. Trying to compete with a Torxreport is a challenge though....
Now that sounds like a good day of wheeling, count me in!

Toss some pics up, I'm curious how XJ's size up on the trail.

It's like airplane hill, waterfall, and crushers all in one trail. And there are NO bypasses, not even a way to turn around 98% of the time. You start, you have to finish. We got really lucky in that there was no one else on the trail when we went.

Honestly XJ's have ALMOST no business being there. I'd say it's 35's and up, locked f&r, winch, and rocker protection and gas tank/transfer case protection is a minimum.
Cage and more armor recommended.

I think I had the most damage (since I haven't done my rocker replacement yet)
Smashed rockers, destroyed my factory gas tank skid, smashed cat and broke o2 sensor, bother passenger doors got some tree love, everything in general took a beating.

My friend lost a mirror, smashed his door in, twisted/bent both front and rear drive lines and the normal rock rash..... Everywhere.

Hard as shit, took like 6 hours to do 6 miles (maybe 3 were trail, if that)
But like I said it was the best wheeling I've done in Oregon hands down

I could use some parts too what do you want for the whole thing? I'll drag it to my place and we can all part it out here.

I don't know what its worth to you guys. I have a car payment on its replacement though, so make an offer.

The only thing I can think of that I might have left off is that I pulled the TCU for a friend, but if someone needs that in the group I'd be glad to get that back as he no longer needs it. OH! It has a brand new AC compressor as of like January.

The rear end is in good order, the front has a bent track bar bracket but not a show stopper...

Msg me on the late model 360-433-7818 we can work something out.
And I'm not looking to make money I'll just part it between the group for those that need parts.

Might have figured out my hit or miss fueling issue. Today on my way home from training in Bellingham it started spitting and sputtering so I pulled over to see if I could find anything and my fuel pump and ASD relays were Hella hot so I swapped my A/C and abs relays around and cleared the engine light. It runs great now so I stopped and bought new ones at Napa when I got to Oak Harbor.

Back