• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

I'm thinking of doing the removable door mod this summer no a/c and its hot. What kind of mpg loss have any of you doorless guys noticed?

I think I got a tad better for around town driving as no doors is close to 80lbs lighter, I'm 3900lbs with nothing inside and no doors. 100lbs lighter if they're power doors. Don't know about hwy mpg though

c66c3798097ef1a6f48d069cad8547c2.jpg

I started my day out by doing this...

Installed the new transfer case with the sye and threw in my longer rear drive shaft. Now it doesn't seem to want to go into any gear and grinds when going back into park! I thought I was going to be able to take it for a test run today :/

c04e6e98904408558a375149e9493ea3.jpg

I hope I didn't do something wrong while installing the sye or tcase ... i really don't want to have to pull that out again.

Kinda... stayed up way to late messing with it but it came down to older 21 spline to newer 23 spline tcase. Ended up taking it all apart and putting the sye on my origonal tcase.. it was a pain but she's up and running great now!

223231bec1699cffbcfa4146fed48d08.jpg

Let's see ...

Been working on a trunk organizer w/ Plywood. Got it made and painted, but need to put all the hardware on it now (hooks, handles, etc).

Got the new CB and firestick in. Made room for a PA in the engine bay by ripping out the airbox.

Got a yellow top in, but the hold battery holddowns are busted to shit so still need to replace that.

The rear exhaust manifold has been leaking, so I replaced it. Turns out whoever did this last forgot to tighten all the bottom bolts and forgot to put one in a hole completely, so maybe the exhaust manifold wasn't bad to begin with?? Replaced it anyway.

Put on a new 63mm TB too and replaced the stock airbox with a different setup to save some room in the bay.

Went to kick it over and it revved up like crazy, sounded like shit and I noticed I didn't get an injector in right because it was squirting like crazy. Joy. That's right about when the wife called for dinner, so looks like I won't have time to work on it for another two weeks.

I expect I won't be willing this beast for another month with how little time I have at the moment.

What's been done to mine? Nothing, nothing at all. It's been sitting in the same place as it was when I brought it home from nwfest. Been meaning to tear the front apart and see if I have a crack in my uniframe and still need to plate the front. Been staring at the rail shifter I got and day dreaming the joys of using it when ever that happens. Been looking at winch bumpers pics all over to get an idea of what type of bumper I want to make to mount the winch I got also, probably do a tube/prerunner bumper. lol so lots of day dreaming lol
ea7de6cf09b512c817e88a80bdb44de7.jpg

Zpe6cob.jpg

Got the new manifold in, BBK 62mm Throttle Body, yellow top, pulled out the stock airbox and replaced with some ebay bullshit so I can make room for a project under the hood. Started right up and I'm not seeing any leaks by the block so far, so far so good. Still got all that damn dust from Naches though lol. One step closer to getting back to wheeling!

Last edited:
I pulled an 8.8 out of an exploder to put into my MJ. Took a bit longer than I was hoping, but it was on a trailer ready to be taken to the scrapper, and it was free. Cannot complain about that.

Had this happen Tuesday evening. Is it supposed to do that?
BA92B28F-ADBE-40D2-94D6-C14718C0B431.jpg

Nail Salon bailed me out. Drove it to work today, and then tracked down parts and tools to go rescue, Ugly Betty.
BF868D33-6600-4142-A1BB-3584B8EA2886.jpg

Water pump replacement in a high school parking lot, guess I can cross that off the list. :rolleyes:
C986AAB9-CC10-4BB7-88A9-CC7A27DB84F1.jpg

Good on ya. That sucks when your in a rush. They seem to pop at the worst times.

I did one on my 01 ram van 5.9 on the way to work once. It was a real treat to have it sieze and kick the accessory belt in stop and go traffic. Was only an hour late haha.

pvMNFdU.jpg

- power steering hose
- clutch slave cylinder
- clutch master cylinder
- window motor assembly
next will be headliner, i have a moon roof sitting in the garage might try and fit that in

Back