• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Came home to discover my new double sheer track bar from Iron Rock Offroad today. It is very stout and strong. I don't think I'll be worrying about my track bar anymore.
2011-10-12170411.jpg

The black jeep almost cought fire.

The 2 small wires coming off the alt, rubbed on the frame and grounded out.

That made the fusible link wires that come off the starter relay melt and smoke.

I really feel that if I didn't pull over and shut it down when I seen the smoke and smelled the melting plastic... I would have lost the black jeep.

This was last year, before redjeep.

Yeah it gave me a little rush but its running fine now i need to figure out why its overheating though when im going up hills for a long time like at nwf when it was heating up thats what its still doing. can figure it out maybe my therostat is starting to go bad??

I painted my ugly orange knuckels, black and my new diff cover, I still have no idea why I am waisting my time with all this painting? Will it not only last 5 minutes on the trail, especially the front axle I did a horrible job with prep I think I can hear the paint pealing off already.

Last edited:
Got my warrior products upper control arms and spicer ball joints and drive shaft u-joint. Just gotta pick up the ball joint installer from harbor freight in the morning and I'm good to go.

293475_293014884042395_100000016569909_1256367_908949081_n.jpg

Got my warrior products upper control arms and spicer ball joints and drive shaft u-joint. Just gotta pick up the ball joint installer from harbor freight in the morning and I'm good to go.

293475_293014884042395_100000016569909_1256367_908949081_n.jpg

Are you going to install those uppers with the axle in the Jeep?
I would like to get new uppers.. ..but don't want to deal with the install.
Its a pain, right? I would have to do with the axle in the Jeep in my garage 'situation'.

Are you going to install those uppers with the axle in the Jeep?
I would like to get new uppers.. ..but don't want to deal with the install.
Its a pain, right? I would have to do with the axle in the Jeep in my garage 'situation'.
Ya i'm putting them in with the axle in the jeep. I unfortunatly have to do it with both uppers unmounted. So I have to wrap a ratchet strap around the pumpkin and secure it to my bumper to keep it from rotating backward. If yours are currently not buckled like mine. It will be a piece of cake. just do one at a time.:greensmok

Your fine.. between the coils, shocks, and lowers.. the axle hardly moves.. It's really easy.. i've done it 3 times this year.. I've always done one side at a time

Your fine.. between the coils, shocks, and lowers.. the axle hardly moves.. It's really easy.. i've done it 3 times this year.. I've always done one side at a time
Nice, thanks for the encouragement! I think from what I've read, I was mostly feeling anxious about replacing the bushings on the axle - I seem to have the feeling that I've read they can be quite stubborn. Has that been the case for you?

Nice, thanks for the encouragement! I think from what I've read, I was mostly feeling anxious about replacing the bushings on the axle - I seem to have the feeling that I've read they can be quite stubborn. Has that been the case for you?

Use an air chisel if you have access to one, use it on the outside edge of the bushing, they come right out

I drove mine 60 mph everything seems to be settling in and it keeps driving better.

Installed a torque converter lock-up kit. Locks automatically at cruise in 4th and on-demand in 2-4 using the factory Power/Comfort switch on the dash.
CIMG0446.jpg

Went for a nice drive (15.4 mpg) ... took some glam shotz
CIMG0450.jpg

Back