• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Installed a torque converter lock-up kit. Locks automatically at cruise in 4th and on-demand in 2-4 using the factory Power/Comfort switch on the dash
Went for a nice drive (15.4 mpg) ... took some glam shotz

Why? Was it not doing It on its own?

I did a switch to the tcm. 15mins and 10 dollars later. And I get to keep my power button.

Put a new valve cover gasket on the xj today and i'm still trying to figure out why i have no peddle in the brakes like i have brakes when it almost touches the floor. i replaced the master cylinder brake booster pads there has to be a leak somewhere where its letting air in but i cant find it

Put a new valve cover gasket on the xj today and i'm still trying to figure out why i have no peddle in the brakes like i have brakes when it almost touches the floor. i replaced the master cylinder brake booster pads there has to be a leak somewhere where its letting air in but i cant find it

Make sure the brakes are bled extremely good, especially after replacing the master. Also make sure the rear shoes are adjusted correctly so they have a slight drag when spun by hand. Make sure the master is not leaking internally by pumping up the brakes with the engine off till they are hard and hold down the peddle with a heavy foot, if the pedal slowly drops then its an internal leak, as long as nothing external in leaking.

Picked up a spicer d30 u-bolt yoke. Installed new spicer ball joints in the drivers side and installed replacement short side axle.

Sat/sun. took out bent uca's, took off bent track bar, installed new track bar and uca's, installed spicer rear drive line u-joint, refabricated passenger side upper control arm mount & boxed it in with steel plates.

Doing the front driveline u-joint and u-bolt yoke tomorrow along with passenger side ball joints and centering my front axle.
sent from my mind because I'm so Awesome!

I debated on buying a Little Tree air freshener, but couldn't decide on what scent to go with. I'll probably try again tomorrow.

This one might be to your likening?

1871b4ee-ee3a-006e.jpg

let me guess rob. you couldent leave well enough alone. saw the airplane hill sighn agin did you... just had to do it did you...

such a brave soul. still married?

Bronze.
whew.. its from wheeling! i was afraid i backed into him too:confused1

The Wheel was from FB5 on sunday. Same with the rocker panel. I don't know if the unibody was from daves bday run or this sunday. It has to be from daves birthday run or could have been from the previous run where I went through crushers filter.:cheers::dunno:

I sealed the rear axle cover and filled it with oil, backed it into the fj40 (no damage it hit the hitch to the fj40s bumper) and put the front on ramps to seal and fill the front to discover the axle joints are bad, so it will get ujoints and a spartian.Its only about another 20 min or so to put it in so why not.

Picked up a spicer d30 u-bolt yoke. Installed new spicer ball joints in the drivers side and installed replacement short side axle.

Sat/sun. took out bent uca's, took off bent track bar, installed new track bar and uca's, installed spicer rear drive line u-joint, refabricated passenger side upper control arm mount & boxed it in with steel plates.

Doing the front driveline u-joint and u-bolt yoke tomorrow along with passenger side ball joints and centering my front axle.
sent from my mind because I'm so Awesome!

so here are a few shots of the finished work

shot from the right
2011-10-18202840.jpg

shot from the left
2011-10-18202344.jpg

d30 u-bolt yoke and new oru-joint
2011-10-18202529.jpg

d35 u-bolt yoke and new spicer u-joint
2011-10-18202651.jpg

I sware to god. If I have to do this again in the next 5yrs. I'm selling it and getting a LJ.

Installed new THOR guards today. One project down, many more to go before my rig sees the trail again

sold my 88 chief last week, went a week without an xj and had to buy another one, got a 1993 sport 5 speed, green with grey interior, 150,000 miles budget boost with zj 5.9 wheels and cooper stt mud terrains. runs and drives perfect, had to swap out nose peice off of parts jeep, needs front bumper. It was to good a deal to pass up for 1500.

Back