• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

I re-greased my tire carrier spindle.
My exhaust was a bit high, as you can see from the black dis-coloration on my red Tailbone bracket.
Do you guys think that much carbon is normal?
I lowered the exhaust a bit and put in a new upstream 02 sensor.

IMG_9213.JPG

IMG_9209.JPG

IMG_9216.JPG

yesterday i went to go wheelin but on the way up there my jeep desided to catch fire in the engine bay. and then on the way back home it felt like the tranny was going out. so.... it was just an awesome day lol NOT

do you know what would cause a fire? i have like no idea what made a spark in it. oh and its running somewhat normal now cuz i found that a vacuum line was fried and i replaced that haha

The black jeep almost cought fire.

The 2 small wires coming off the alt, rubbed on the frame and grounded out.

That made the fusible link wires that come off the starter relay melt and smoke.

I really feel that if I didn't pull over and shut it down when I seen the smoke and smelled the melting plastic... I would have lost the black jeep.

This was last year, before redjeep.

Found out my R&P is toast.. My spartan is toast.. So i called randys and filed for warranty on my ring and pinion and Spartan locker, Upgrading the spartan to a grizzly locker..

There goes my evans trip!

Did they warranty them? Also not knocking the grizzly but did you know for like $20. More you can get the brand name Detroit?

Dave

Sent from my butt since that's what I talk out of most the time!

Did they warranty them? Also not knocking the grizzly but did you know for like $20. More you can get the brand name Detroit?

Dave

I'm going grizzly or ZIP.. Yukon's a bigger/Better brand for me then Detroit OR ARB..

Personally, After seeing ARB's Customer service and attitude from various sources, I wont be putting a dime in their pocket..

Also not knocking the grizzly but did you know for like $20. More you can get the brand name Detroit?

Dave
I went with the Grizzly over the Detroit, and it wasn't because of the price difference. Detroit's have had a reputation for breaking their side gears(?) if an axle shaft broke.

The Grizzly supposedly fixed this problem, by beefing up the cam washers(?) inside to absorb more of the energy from an axle failure. I haven't heard of anyone really breaking their Grizzly yet. Plus Randy's is so confident in their locker that had one hell of a warranty going on for awhile. If the locker broke and took out anything else with it, they would cover up to $2000 in parts/labor.

that's an impressive show of confidence!

That and if you look at their site they are proud that there assembled in the USA. I just can't get over the fact there made in china. But I guess that's what we get these days. I'm sure their a good product. I may give one a try in the front axle. I just need to sell a boat motor then decide what I'm going to get.

Cherokee's are for kids and women. Grown ups wheel Wranglers!

That and if you look at their site they are proud that there assembled in the USA. I just can't get over the fact there made in china. But I guess that's what we get these days. I'm sure their a good product. I may give one a try in the front axle. I just need to sell a boat motor then decide what I'm going to get.

Cherokee's are for kids and women. Grown ups wheel Wranglers!
Proof of China statement?

Proof of China statement?

Sorry no proof I am just assuming. I just find is shady when a company does not disclose where the actual parts are made. I understand that I am much older then a lot of you guys. And remember the old days when stuff was made in the United States of America. Not assembled! I understand it's just a turn of the times and is acceptable by the younger people. But I still try to buy USA when I can. Not saying all Eaton products are but they have built a name in my industry, they have been in the gear business for a long time.

Dave

Tacked welded my shock mounts and break line brackets,all thats left in the rear is paint and assembly. I can then turn my attention to the front again and pull the knuckels off and install my Reid knuckels and fab up my tie rod and drag links, yup should be done soon.

upon getting under the rear of the jeep to install my new u-bolt yoke. I discovered further damage. It seems my drive shaft shot up and punched a hole in my floorboard. you can even see the carpet insulation. looks like i get to fab up some more sheet metal.

2011-10-09155100.jpg

Back