• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

UPS man came today party1:

Also, there is a 4x4 show in Woodland Washington this Sunday. Last year it was from 9am till 3pm. Raffle prizes, RTI ramp, Balance beam (super hard to do) and a good time. Also a Hot Rod car show just blocks away. The 4x4 show is right near the Horseshoe Lake Park on the North side in the big grass field. You can see it from the free way.

discovered the u-joint on my rear drive shaft at the pinion was toast. so i changed it
2011-06-17213116.jpg

I also learned a valuable lesson...... WEAR GLOVES WHEN USING AN ANGLE GRINDER!!!!!
2011-06-17210511.jpg

....Took an 1/8in wide and 1/8in deep gouge out of my thumb. :tears::gee:

Oh man I've gotten f*cked up from angle grinders in the past. The best thing about angle grinder cuts though (at least all the ones I've had) they don't bleed because usually the disk it so hot it just cauterizes as it cuts :scottm:

oh.. man mine bled like a fish. I instantly dropped the grinder and it took off down the driveway and by the time I could grab my fist aid kit had blood everywhere. when beth got home she said it looked like i sacrificed a goat in the driveway.

Damn My chopped the tip about 1/2 inch or so and it did not bleed at all As Monster Mopar said
NON XJ I went and picked up my case 350 bull dozer so I cant start on selective clearing our 5 acre's YEAH and build my obstalce course :greensmok

Last edited:
I rocked mine about a month ago. It actually didn't hurt until the needle went in to numb it. :roll:

i-gmBdkGX-M.jpg

discovered the u-joint on my rear drive shaft at the pinion was toast. so i changed it
2011-06-17213116.jpg

I also learned a valuable lesson...... WEAR GLOVES WHEN USING AN ANGLE GRINDER!!!!!
2011-06-17210511.jpg

....Took an 1/8in wide and 1/8in deep gouge out of my thumb. :tears::gee:

While I didn't do anything to the XJ today since it decided to rain ALL day, I did check out the Timber Madness sale at the Danner Factory store. Picked up a new pair of kicks for a killer price!

My "old" Danner's are going on 8+ years old, and are still in great shape. It pays to buy USA made. ;)

I cut this out:
IMG_0817.jpg

So this would fit under the seat:
IMG_0809.jpg

Got my RMS swapped out. no leaks during my 10 min run and rev. Fingers crossed that none develop. Was pleasantly surprised by how "clean" the inside of my engine was, it had no sludge in it at all. I've been running royal purple in it, which is said to help clean up your engine, but with 218k on the clock I wouldn't be surprised if it had been gone through at some point in the past cause it runs like a champ. Next is tube seals and axle bushings.

Back