• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Aaron: Been there done that lol

Sideshow: Might want to think about cleaning out the corn nuts and chips while you got the seats out.

While I didn't do anything to the XJ today since it decided to rain ALL day, I did check out the Timber Madness sale at the Danner Factory store. Picked up a new pair of kicks for a killer price!

My "old" Danner's are going on 8+ years old, and are still in great shape. It pays to buy USA made. ;)

Check the tag on your Danner's. Neither my Danner's or my Georgia Boots are made in the USA.

Even though they aren't made in the USA, I have worn them at work everyday for 4 years. I have gone through at least 10 pairs of laces though, I've found the leather laces last the longest in my experience.

Wired.my CB
Swapped in a full guage cluster
Installed and aimed.new headlights
Installed a heat shield between the floor and muffler
Reinstalled all interior panels
Installed full sized.center console
Pulled an ac pump for future OBA project.

Thanks to some help from Eric (dellstopjeep) and Matt (BannieXJ) I was able to get my extended brake lines on and my bastard pack swapped in. I think its a bit bigger than a 6in. lift. now i gotta lift the front another few inches to match. I like it though. The springs don't flex up as much as the last set but the flex down like a mo-fo.
2011-06-19185230.jpg

2011-06-19190651.jpg

... :clap::clap:

I replaced the badly bent outer tie rod end with a stronger one. Then faught a war with removing my warped trac bar.... I WON... then installed the new one after a bit of redneck engineering and got it all put back together and tightened the hell out of everything. I'm good to go for my alignment tomorrow.

Alignment Jeeps dont need to be aligned. I do the eyeball alignment, funny last time I had someone look at it they said it was probably the best it could be with my pinion angle and caster. I measured knuckel to knuckel after my last alignment for toe in so I always set up for that measurment.

built a sweet extended sleeping platform in the jeep that extends into the passenger seat area. I could be 7' tall and still stretch out comfortably

no. In oregon i am legal without flaps (i have flares) But BOTH are required up there:smsoap:

ya im kinda taking a gamble this weekend.

Found my registration was expired when packing so went thru emissions and got new tabs.

Used pool noodles for inner fenders to fill the gap. Worked great!

Today I painted the flares on my XJ back to black with Krylon Fusion....Taping them off took the most amount of time. I learned on my last XJ that its best to just leave them on and mask everything thing over rather than remove them to paint them. Once they come off after having rusted hardware they never go back on right.

Back