• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Two years, I couldn't handle. I'd part the f***er out after 1, if I made it that far.
I don't know how you guys do it!

It is awfully easy for a couple minor things to snowball into a whole bunch of stuff though. I've added like 107 things to what was supposed to be a simple axle swap, so I guess I can see how time would start to fly.... And then there's the whole funding issue, freaking money doesn't grow on trees! I know I'm gonna be broke for at least the next year..... And I've been saving money and parts for a long time! Still not enough

Yep that's how it works. It's always well while its apart this far might as well do this and once that's off might as well do that and so on till its a full blown race rig. LOL

Two years, I couldn't handle. I'd part the f***er out after 1, if I made it that far.
I don't know how you guys do it!

It is awfully easy for a couple minor things to snowball into a whole bunch of stuff though. I've added like 107 things to what was supposed to be a simple axle swap, so I guess I can see how time would start to fly.... And then there's the whole funding issue, freaking money doesn't grow on trees! I know I'm gonna be broke for at least the next year..... And I've been saving money and parts for a long time! Still not enough

Now have it has a sole daily and no other rig, makes it even harder and lots can get snow balled together. I still need to fix my turn signal light switch and cruise, gotta figure out why my interior dash lights don't work anymore. Gotta get the front plated to make it a bit safer for my gf and daughter to drive and now got to figure out how to reinstall sway bar upfront since mine got cut off doing the ota track bar and otk 1ton steering lol

I finished my headlight harness install last night. Still using the stock sealed housings, but I have new E codes in the mail and a choice between 100/55 or 60/55W bulbs. Any advice there?

After I got the grill screwed back on I drove around and got lost on Dixie Mountain/Helvetia then drove back home. I'm absolutely thrilled with the output. I actually felt remorseful for blinding oncoming drivers around surprise turns.

Steve: I just switched to an H4 setup using Rampage housings and new bulbs. Bought a headlight harness on Amazon for like $16 so I didn't care to spend a bunch of time making mine lol. So, I'm probably not much help.

------------------------------------------------

FYI, if you end up hearing a knock from the motor, your motor revs up and down a bit like you have a vacuum leak, and it may randomly die on you ... replace the Cam Synchronizer and Oil Drive. $66 @ Oreilly's and all your issues will go away in about 2 minutes (1 bolt, 1 plug).

Got 3 spare shafts setup with new joints and cleaned in a tank. Then, welded the caps on all of them. Not f_cking around here any more.

I've been messing with Jeeps and cars in general for years, but never had anything tank cleaned. What the hell do they put in those??

Depends, its typically a solvent from oil distillates (similar to gasoline/kerosene) that'll eat everything away. That's why you close it, so it doesn't go BOOM.

Got 3 spare shafts setup with new joints and cleaned in a tank. Then, welded the caps on all of them. Not f_cking around here any more.

Hells yeah!
That ought to last you what, a day or two of wheeling? :gee:

Hells yeah!
That ought to last you what, a day or two of wheeling? :gee:

Tomorrow. It'll last me through tomorrow's trip to TSF.

Actually, I have yet to blow a cap on that welded shaft that everyone chipped in on. Its really common on these D44 shafts. The cap turns, the eyes open wider, then all hell breaks loose. Stop the caps from working their way out and those things will last longer.

That's good!

I hear there is a really good way to solve all of the pesky u joint issues.... :D
With an orange boot

Yea, running a full clip would be nice, but a welded cap is no different. The only argument for the full clip is if you still want to be able to replace the u-joint, which ... we'll see when I break the next shaft?

Today I ran Lower & Upper Crushers, Airplane Hill, and about 10 other trails and didn't have any issues. Guess we'll see how it goes?

BvJsJNP.jpg

vB9Dr3I.jpg

Back