• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Went out last night to start pulling apart my front end and suspension so I could put in jeepforceone's coils as soon as torx got here. Got all the jack stands tools and stuff out and ready. Started loosening the lugnuts so I could lift it and pull the wheels off. But FAIL. Americas tire locked two lugnuts down so tight that they are striping rather than loosening. Holy moly I've have them tight before. But this is rediculous. I weigh 320lbs. And they wouldn't budge even under my full weight. So today I'm waiting for torx to deliver the goods then going to americas tire and yelling at them and hopefully I get a new set of lugs out of it. Cause this is bull ish.

Went out last night to start pulling apart my front end and suspension so I could put in jeepforceone's coils as soon as torx got here. Got all the jack stands tools and stuff out and ready. Started loosening the lugnuts so I could lift it and pull the wheels off. But FAIL. Americas tire locked two lugnuts down so tight that they are striping rather than loosening. Holy moly I've have them tight before. But this is rediculous. I weigh 320lbs. And they wouldn't budge even under my full weight. So today I'm waiting for torx to deliver the goods then going to americas tire and yelling at them and hopefully I get a new set of lugs out of it. Cause this is bull ish.

I bet its the studs turning in the hub. You need a good 1/2 impact will take them right off

Never fails!

What are you doin for the gas tank? I've got plans for mine, just curious if yours are the same.....

I'm dropping it in from the top and moving it back a couple inches. Stock location the skid was literally resting on top of my rear dif.

Hey ařron. Put the lug on the lower part witht the tires on the grounf and atach the breakerbar and put the vhecle in gear so it loosens the lug

Towed his buddy home from the shop so I could finish the fenders. :)

i-J3JsFwF-L.jpg

i-BHPSgXt-L.jpg

Hey ařron. Put the lug on the lower part witht the tires on the grounf and atach the breakerbar and put the vhecle in gear so it loosens the lug

Nope... I'm gonna get new lugs on americas tires dime. Anyways that won't really work seeing as how the lugs are fragged.

The woman and I took the wheelers to Tayahua S.F. today with her kids along. All was well until the ride home. We swung north on I-5 and the heep started-a-shakin lightly at first and it just worked itself into a catastrophic state. 55mph on the freeway and I hear KA-BAM!!! and there's a HUGE puff of smoke. :tears: :cry:

Lookie what I found - the rear of the T-case snapped right the uckie off:

And here's the pinion yoke with 3 of the 4 strap bolts sheared off:

The driveshaft was hanging from the splines... at least it didn't get hammered by a semi... and I didn't either.

Has anyone got a SYE for a 95 they want to get rid of? I know a guy...

I suppose this is the time to swap axles if it's gonna happen. :wave1:

got the jeep up on jackstands, all control arm bolt nuts off, sway bar off, diff cover off, drained, hubs broken loose, new bare d30 housing cleaned rattle can painted and new axle seals in, old upper bushings torched out.

i drove for 7 hrs to go to portland and back for a set of doors,rock sliders, winch bumper, and drop brackets. i swear i hit ever traffic jam between orgon and olympia after i left ben's lol
imag0516q.jpg

drank beer in ben's driveway while strange noises and sparks came from the garage.

it was good to hook up with all ya. glad to see it rollin again, not that i ever saw it not roll lol. ya just got home 505 miles for the weekend.

No worries Scott - I had good underwear on and the load, while not "Secured" , was at least "Contained"
:wave1:
:roflmao:
:laugh2:
:rof:

He's lucky he didn't get a failure to secure load ticket! :shhh:

Back