• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

I filled it with Wood.

Picked up a 4.56 geared rear for the DD and grabbed some pictures from the weekend

002.jpg

009.jpg

013.jpg

Painted two wheels at work and the sliders for the stocker, I also pulled off the 6oz of sticky weights that a guy at work put on a rear wheel, and un hooked the jumper from my left blinker to the horn... that one freaked me out.

But no....In reality I picked up a new rear main seal and plan on doing that next week so the new Jeep stops pissing oil. I think I also need to do the valve cover gasket too.

Pulled my fuel pump and found that the pump isn't actually bad, that short piece of rubber hose slipped off....

Also ended up having to drop the tank because the pick up screen wasn't on the pump when I pulled it. I was unable to find it by just reaching into the tank and feeling for it. I did end up finding it once I dropped the tank though :roll:

It'll all be going back together tomorrow :D

and....

Dude trim those zip ties!! haha.... Looking good!

Windshield is in, brought home 2 more painted wheels, one more to go, installed one slider on the stocker, couldn't get the front to come up even with the rear, I'm going to have to f with it more later. took the knuckles off, I'm going to do the ball joints at work tomorrow if I have time.

Picked up a 4.56 geared rear for the DD and grabbed some pictures from the weekend

What ended up being the problem with your power steering pump during NWFest? Did you shear the shaft? I didn't remember while we were looking at your rig but I once sheared a shaft on an identical pump.

What ended up being the problem with your power steering pump during NWFest? Did you shear the shaft? I didn't remember while we were looking at your rig but I once sheared a shaft on an identical pump.

spring loaded piston got stuck down, a screw driver and a hammer fixed it.

Monday crazymoose1990 and I swapped my breaking d35 to his 29sp 8.25, with a ZJ disc conversion and Aussie locker,
although he did most of the work but I helped where I could or was directed. Hope I didn't slack any!
Learned a lot.
Plus now, finally there's a loud noise in my Jeep that actually brings a smile to my face lol!
Thanks again Jason!:worship::cheers:

Today I repaired 3 out tail lights, and temporarily RTV'ed my front blinker housing in to the grill till I can find some fasteners and what not.
Filled some holes; from removing disconnecting my ABS with the axle swap, with rubber grommets and RTV.

Oh, and I sanded all the crud and rust (as best I could with the time I had) from the new axle, primed it with 4 coats of Rustoleum black primer, and painted with 4 coats of Rustoleum Gloss black.
SHIIIIINY:party:

For now hahaha:fuse:!

Still gotta get around to replacing these crappy tranny line discos to the cooler with new line and fuel clamps as the "cut off to get off" connector on the trans side is leaking.

That and an annoying POP whenever I turn right while stopped or rolling slow. had the shop look and all is tight. Can't figure it out. Been doing it for a year. Even got an IRO double shear track bar nice n tight. POP is still there!:dunno:

Last edited:
Just got done putting a few coats of under coating ontop of my fuel tank, and on the under body of the jeep (the area above the fuel tank) to try and keep some of the fuel pump noise out of the interior.

Waiting for it to dry then the tank will be going back in.

picked up a bunch of junk yard parts... a new looking ignition coil (still shiny, the receipt in the car said it was purchased only a month or 2 back), also got 2 older coils, a 95 Dakota rear brake soft line, a pair of 95 Chevy c1500 front brake soft lines, and a new in the box set of Accel 8mm plug wires...

tested the coils... they all work... one has a crack in the plastic... I will just keep it as a spare

only paid $15 total...

installed the newer looking coil and the 8mm wires (even though I know they serve no real purpose)

I cut out some more of my floor for my gas tank. Still need to trim a few spots.

Got started installing my atlas shifters

Back