• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Put it on Jackstands and ripped it to peices, Got the steering out, Steering Box, draglink & tie rod, Trac bar & mount etc..
Pulled shafts & Bearings.. left rotor is fried.. caliper is seizing aswell

Next step..

New Brakes (rotors/pads/calipers)
Durango box
FCZJ box brace
Steering package (still deciding)
Trac bar (still deciding)
Alloy shafts
New Timken Bearings
Upper control arms

cha ching..ching..ching

Last edited:
Parked it over a week ago, and haven't touched it since.

Today I decided to put the full doors on if possible. Much to my surprise, they both went on without any fitment issues.

IMG_0065-1.jpg

I also wanted to be able to roll up the rear passenger window, so after a few swings of the sledge to straighten out the track, it now rolls up. :rolleyes:

The next hour was spent pressure washing all the mud/dirt off it.

Then I decided to see if it would start. Again, to my amazement it did. Although, I think the starters trying to self clearance itself again.

Lastly, I pushed it to it's new home in the driveway.

Today I decided to put the full doors on if possible. Much to my surprise, they both went on without any fitment issues.
That's amazing, did they fit before?

I should be at work but instead I'm scrubbing on this... Every car on my street got sprayed today along with some gang shit on our fence.

IMG_20110706_070204.jpg

Time for some urban sniper training at Brian's house. That sucks!

Hey now I wasnt saying it was Illegals but if thats what you thought of maybe you have a issue with them .England made Austrailia by sending its INMATES there so that is what I mean Just ship there A$$'s out to some uncharted Island or where ever they cant mess with the good tax payers like myself.

Also have you been any where in Washington the past 5 year's we are a Sanctuary state .
Done and Done :greensmok

I got it all off with a scotchbrite sponge, now I just have scuffs in the clear coat in a wavy line down my truck... A-holes

I doubt they were illegals, about a quarter of a mile away from our place there's some section 8 apartments occasionally the "gangstas" meander down here and usually just spray paint our fence.

Last edited:
that may have come off with acetone. If they are light scratches, I have a buddy that does mobile detailing that could buff that right out!

I got it all off with a scotchbrite sponge, now I just have scuffs in the clear coat in a wavy line down my truck... A-holes

I doubt they were illegals, about a quarter of a mile away from our place there's some section 8 apartments occasionally the "gangstas" meander down here and usually just spray paint our fence.

Thats to bad man. That just :flame: me. Why can't people just keep there hands off our s**T.

Finally started giving some attention to the Stocker. Goal was to get all four speakers working.

After a little investigation I found the deck wiring used no connectors, but instead just twisted wires together, with electrical tape over them (and wired wrong). :roflmao:

A little while later I had the stereo rewired, and voila... we got a decent system to listen to.

started work on my tire carrier... just retrofitting an S10 Blazer carrier... my buddy had a 35 on his, so a 33 should be cake

today I fixed the lug pattern... cut and rewelded the carrier, went from the s10's 5 x 4.75 to the XJ's 5 x 4.5

maybe I will start on the mounts and braces soon

took it to get re-aligned and a free inspection turned up that my crankshaft pulley is coming apart. it has seperated by 1/4 of an inch. I have no r/r brakes and r/l brakes are metal on metal. EGR valve is bad and I'm pissing atf from my left side radiator fitting (knew that already) tranny fluid is brownish copper requiring a flush and pan service.

I was so exited to go wheeling this weekend but now i have to fix the pulley and EGR valve along with everything else.:doh:

Anyone wanna help??????? :worship:

Back