• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Little more progress on the jeep today.

Actually worked on the Jeep today. I wired up the light bar, installed the tie down points for my 3pt tire strap, and put the rear bumper back on as nobody bought it.

Big thanks the Justin for the light bar and mounts, this thing is stupid bright even during the day.

I still need to make the tubed tail gat for the Jeep and I want to add a support bar for the spare tire to the bumper. Then I need to get my 3rd brake light, license plate mount, etc all made.

Tore down the supercharger setup today trying to track down the source of a bunch of goo in the charge air piping. Thankfully no leaks in the compressor seals, turns out the fleaBay air oil separator isn't separating anymore. Time to order a Moroso.

Pulling the head on my 97. Hoping for just the head gasket. If all goes well at the machine shop I hope to have it on the road by the end of next weekend.

0202or_engine_06zoom.jpg
This to a WJ 68mm throttle body, dang vacuum leaks.

throttle_bdy_01.jpg

Trying this mod for my xj 4.7l stroked engine. A 2001 wj throttle body from a 4.7l v8, to replace the stock one. Still working on it.:doh:irene.

Finally able to track down 6x5.5 wheel adapters that didn't seem like a crap quality. Ordered from Motorsport-tech. They even fixed my screw up (clicked frontier vs titan) and then got em shipped out to me. Seem like great quality. Tons of width options. Went with standard 1.25". Now I can get my non damaged wheels mounted up front and get the mudflaps trimmed so I quit rubbing. Plus my vibes are gone from the crap 1/4" spacers they tossed on.
image_zpsc0mq4gqq.jpg

My radiator developed a nice crack in the passenger side tank in one of the mold seems about three weeks ago. I ordered a new Max Cool one from a dealer in Texas for 232.00. Finally received my new radiator. It only took two tries to get one that wasn't destroyed. The first one they sent me was not packed well and showed up no longer square. It had a decided droop on the passenger side.
This is how the poor Jeep has been sitting for two weeks waiting to be repaired:
IMG_6091.jpg

The new one is a two core and my original was a single. I wasn't sure if it would be two small cores but it appears it is actually twice as thick. Probably won't be able to put my Grand Cherokee fan clutch on anymore but hopefully it won't matter.
IMG_6088.jpg

IMG_6089.jpg

I am going to flush the block before I refill it but it is at least back together!
Edit: Part # 52080104AC

Last edited:
I thought I would get around to finish installing the u-joints on the alloy axle shafts I haven't installed yet. Somehow, the Harbor Freight balljoint press didn't break, but something did.

Back