• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Grease the outside of the caps? I've never done that or seen it done. The bearings come greased. I wasn't sure I had the clip seated completely, so I was trying to get a couple of thousandths of an inch more. It's all my fault, I was using a full circle clip and bent it putting it on the u-joint. I'll know how to do the next one correctly. Learn by ****ing things up. :)

Hate it when that happens. I did the same thing recently. Tighten the press to get that smidge more to get the clip on aaaaand POP.

Finished yanking out the seats and floor mat. Got some surface rust to clean-up now.

80-20150411_164855_3206c8cd4febe921296b064f23c5f248e4e5ae7e.jpg

Made some progress on the frame, no pics of that yet.

A buddy broke his upper T-stat housing bolt. Then, he broke an easy-out in the same hole. After a few botched attempts to remove it, he pulled the head so I could work on that easy out.

I found a tungsten burr for my Dremel, that burr is not cheap. I started thinking about the shiny, black, header panel I have stored in the rafters, with the rusty trim screws still embedded in it. I hope I don't ruin that burr before all this is finished.

A buddy broke his upper T-stat housing bolt. Then, he broke an easy-out in the same hole. After a few botched attempts to remove it, he pulled the head so I could work on that easy out.

I found a tungsten burr for my Dremel, that burr is not cheap. I started thinking about the shiny, black, header panel I have stored in the rafters, with the rusty trim screws still embedded in it. I hope I don't ruin that burr before all this is finished.

you still havent put that thing in yet lol

Now trying to hunt down some bushing sleeves for my converted flat rear shackles since I just found 3 of them rusted to the bolts.

Does anyone know of any place that sells just bushing sleeves by themselves? I'm about to just order a small piece of tube and cut a bunch of pieces to the right length.

I need 4 of them them as 0.750" OD, 2.75" long, and fit a 9/16" (0.563") bolt.

I ended up ordering a 1 foot length of tubing to the exact right other dimensions from McMaster. I paid more than I should but I got it in stainless to try and prevent this happening again. I can easily cut 4 pieces to the right size out of that length.

I'd also suggest using a marine industrial grade grease inside as well.

Back