• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Duct tape, FTW!

I've used duct tape before and it seems the surface of it gets sticky when it sits in the sun for awhile. Maybe it was just the brand of tape I was using?

On my rollcage I used electrical tape. Works great, and the cheap brand at home depot that comes in a 10 pack will get a lot of roll cage covered.

On my rollcage I used electrical tape. Works great, and the cheap brand at home depot that comes in a 10 pack will get a lot of roll cage covered.

I prefer the electrical tape as well.

Thanks to the fab skills of Dutch (and no thanks to my 'fantastic' math skills), my track bar got converted from bushings to heims so it can stop binding on droop. Then Dutch got to stare in amazement at my Iowa-built sliders...

After which I puked, pulled myself back together, drank a beer, and went back to work.

So I've heard of leafs sagging over time, but this takes the cake. I was looking at my shackle angles this morning and saw they were really steep. So much so that the spring eye has hit the upper mount at least once. Got out the tape measure and saw that my rear springs have sagged almost 2" in a week. Wow!

Mine is the same. But have sagged over the past couple years due to my adjustable Iran Man shackles and stock leaf springs, and my habit of loading my rig with all sorts of things, weighing down my backend.

I've used duct tape before and it seems the surface of it gets sticky when it sits in the sun for awhile. Maybe it was just the brand of tape I was using?
I never really thought about that, but I guess I have seen it happen. I was thinking of all those nifty colors you can buy nowadays. :farmer:

you can get electrical tape in every color of romex now too -- black, white, yellow, orange...

Picked up some 33" Duratracs last night.
IMG_0386.JPG

Oh yeah, and I gave Dutch an excuse to break out the plasma again to trim a little more.

You'll be very happy with the Duratrac's!

Currently 4.10's. Perfect for the undersized 32's (they were closer to 30") I had, but with the full-size 33's they seem a little low. I'll probably upgrade to 4.56's at some point but not anytime soon.

Currently 4.10's. Perfect for the undersized 32's (they were closer to 30") I had, but with the full-size 33's they seem a little low. I'll probably upgrade to 4.56's at some point but not anytime soon.

thats why i was surprised to see dutch go with 4.10 since hes going 32/33"

Back