• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what are the popular wheel swaps?

alwaysready said:
i drove a 2000 xj that had a rustys 4.5 and 32's on 16's
and that was a good looking setup. i would have bought it in a heart beat if it didnt have the problems it did..
im thinking about running rubicon moabs on it.. keeps me from swapping to 5x5 pattern for now..
i like the looks of this so for now i think im going this way that and the tires are less expensive..
2190199_18_full.jpg
I definitely like the looks of the ravines and the rubicon moabs; they're hot, but still retain a semi-stock look.
[br]
Has anyone ever tried using wheels from a liberty? I'm curious how the stance would look, or if they would even work at all with the different backspacing. I need something to mount some skinnys onto (235/85/16).

Gojeep said:
I run big diameter wheels but dont think you would call me a poser? I am about to run 13" brakes front and rear ( run 12" already ) and the handling is really important to me with all the Outback miles I do loaded up with offroad trailer in tow.

XR8RIMS2.jpg

XR8RIMS3.jpg

These are 17x8 with 265x70x17 tyres which measure a true 32".

Nice stance!
Do those require spacers?

alwaysready said:
can you define a ford falcon?
what is it, dont know what it is in the states...

This is what I remember but, they have stuff newer there.

7017-1967-Ford-Falcon.jpg

i.ford.falcon.xr8.04jan.myallriver.JPG

BlobServer

with a 5.4 V-8 (limited slip,6 speed)no less same one thats in my super duty. Damn that would be sweet i actually saw a show on this car a while back i knew it was from australia but didnt remmeber the name..

myXJspace said:
I definitely like the looks of the ravines and the rubicon moabs; they're hot, but still retain a semi-stock look.
[br]
Has anyone ever tried using wheels from a liberty? I'm curious how the stance would look, or if they would even work at all with the different backspacing. I need something to mount some skinnys onto (235/85/16).
The Libbies wheels are 16x7 and Rubies are 16x8. You are better off going steel if you're into the rocks, as the aluminum doesn't like em. I got a set of bent ones that I'm swapping to cragers at the end of the month. LOL

Mahkis said:
Just a thought here and I've never seen a XJ with them on but what about the Ford Ranger FX4 Alcoa rims. I had them on my Ranger and loved them. If you can find a whole set of stock rims and tires you'll be set with awesome rims and 31" BFG AT's. They are only 15" rims but just another option.

Look here: hopefully it works.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/redneckstone1984/Picture014.jpg

are you kidding? uggliest wheels ive seen today...

Back