• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wendy's goes out of business.

Oh man there are waffle houses all over the place. Everytime I go up 75 through Georgia, there is this one small town that has two Waffle Houses, one on each side of the freeway. At least you get the same crappy food everywhere you go.

Can't swing a dead cat down here without hitting at least 2 Waffle Houses....as a displaced Yankee, I LOVE 'em!:pig: (but I'm a freak and order my waffles "well done")

My wife, on the other hand, refuses to step foot inside one.....

Jeff

riverfever said:
Wish there was a Whiteys up here in Woodland.

Want me to bring you a sack o' sliders? I can grab it when I hop on the highway.

When I think of Waffle House, I think of a breakfast greasy spoon!

NOW, having lived in Houston, I miss the mexican fast food breakfast. Taco Cabana. Chorizo, potato, egg burritos. Very good, and good for you too!! At 3AM, Tacos AlCarbon...

damn i ater there yesterday. hopefully i didnt get served by a disgrunteled employee...

Jeff in VA said:
Can't swing a dead cat down here without hitting at least 2 Waffle Houses....as a displaced Yankee, I LOVE 'em!:pig: (but I'm a freak and order my waffles "well done")

My wife, on the other hand, refuses to step foot inside one.....

Jeff

Got that same problem, whenever we are down south I end up eating breakfast alone, even the kids won't go in one. Geeze I mean, so what if your clothes soak up the grease in the air, makes em waterproof says I....
Scrambled eggs, side of hashbrowns, sausage, couple of waffles, couple of more waffles, coffee, more waffles and then waddle out....I'm set for the day. None up this way....
But then she has friendlies and I don't do friendlies....cept their ice cream cakes.

RichP said:
Got that same problem, whenever we are down south I end up eating breakfast alone, even the kids won't go in one. Geeze I mean, so what if your clothes soak up the grease in the air, makes em waterproof says I....
Scrambled eggs, side of hashbrowns, sausage, couple of waffles, couple of more waffles, coffee, more waffles and then waddle out....I'm set for the day. None up this way....
But then she has friendlies and I don't do friendlies....cept their ice cream cakes.

Friendly's seemed better when I was 7 years old.

Lawn Cher' said:
Friendly's seemed better when I was 7 years old.

Every Friendly's takes like 10 hours to get your food out to you. I tend to get impatient and start playing with everything; straw, straw wrapper, napkin, soda, salt and pepper, anything I can get my hands on. By the time we get the food, my girlfriend has taken everything away from me.

DDCxj said:
Every Friendly's takes like 10 hours to get your food out to you. I tend to get impatient and start playing with everything; straw, straw wrapper, napkin, soda, salt and pepper, anything I can get my hands on. By the time we get the food, my girlfriend has taken everything away from me.

You're gonna marry her, ain't ya.

DDCxj said:

Wanted a girl just like Mom, eh?

IntrepidXJ said:
had a few close by me in the last few years.....but probably because there were just too many in too small of an area. i doubt the whole chain is going under, though

How's that 'Browns Chicken' on Irving Park Road doing?

Back