• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well shoot, guess who's back

Rear axle swap kit and lift kit are on the way. Next weekend the junkyard hunt begins.

If I remember correctly the drive flange adapter from a Ford Aerostar van is the one I need to run a 1310 U-joint on the Explorer 8.8 axle. Does that sound correct?

I don't know the answer to that. I do have a driveshaft that another XJ owner had hooked to a truck 8.8, yours if you want it.

I don't know the answer to that. I do have a driveshaft that another XJ owner had hooked to a truck 8.8, yours if you want it.

Yeah, I'll take it.

I googled and yes, Ranger/Aerostar both use 1310 u-joints and have the same flange on the pinion.

I looked for part numbers, found the Ford script and "R14." I'll get some pics up shortly.

I think the axle came from an F150. I'll get flange measurements today.

DSCN3543%201024x682.jpg

Just need to make sure the u-joint is a 1310, if it is the it should work.

Idk if you want to, but I just ran a 1310-1330 ujoint on mine. Precision brand at the parts store for like $10, so I just grabbed 2.

From what I was able to measure, this is the U-joint in it.

Ok, thanks. I'll just snag one from a Ranger/Aerostar while at the junkyard.

I'd rather just run all 1310's so I can carry 1 spare instead of having an oddball. If I was going to do anything different it would be to upgrade to a 1350 which I don't see a need to on this build as I'll only be running 35's.

Welcome back dude.

Yeah. Life and no jeep. The jeep thing shall be changing soon.

trust me, the plastic wrapped Ruff Stuff parts are far more impressive.

Santa showed up today

All unwrapped

Rusty's 4.5" long travel kit with their competition 4-link, 3.5" leafs, and 1.5" shackles replacing the y-link and 4.5" leafs. I also upgraded to their next higher shocks and got an Advanced Adapters SYE.

Who's XJ did you buy... is it some German, "Cactus Green" color???

Back