• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welcome to the Crawl!

I disagree. I'd rather wheel my junk then ride shotgun anywhere. :dunno:

x2

I probably wouldn't make a moab trip without bringing something to wheel.

Yeah I agree I want to get my rig out there but I need, 4.10s, more armor, and some spare parts before I even attempt to drive 2000 miles to wheel. Besides I can Always rent a JK to tool around in! That being said none of this is gonna happen if I don't get back to work!

You know, not trying to stir anything up here, but I do seem to recall posting something on page 3 about us needing to all be friends and just enjoy wheeling as it should be. Guess the Naxja fairies didn't like the fact that Im not all "Go NAXJA GO!!!" I honestly don't give a darn about this site or the organization. I don't have an XJ, nor do I intend on getting one. I do however, consider many people on her to be very good friends of mine, but if this is going to be some kind of "we are better than you b/c we have a Red name" site, then I really don't want to have any part of it. Im not trying to be rude or anything, but I joined the site and became a SPONSOR because I thought I shared something important with the people on here, apparently being friends and sharing a common interest isn't enough. You gotta be in the "Red Click" to be worth anything on here it seems, and if it were up to some of you, only XJ based vehicles would be allowed. I think that's completely stupid, but who cares what I think. Maybe it will matter next year when I spend my advertisment money on Pirate instead of this site.

Im sorry, and I know that somebody will delete this post. But I think that some of you guys need to grow the heck up. Stop being so stuck up. Times are changing, and this site is based on a vehicle that hasn't been made in the US in 9 years. That's a long time. You guys are going to have to start adopting new ways and ideas, or this organization will end up dieing off, just like the vehicle it was based on.

"Vent Off"

So who's ready to go have some fun? I am in need of a wheeling fix pretty bad myself!

You know, not trying to stir anything up here, but I do seem to recall posting something on page 3 about us needing to all be friends and just enjoy wheeling as it should be. Guess the Naxja fairies didn't like the fact that Im not all "Go NAXJA GO!!!" I honestly don't give a darn about this site or the organization. I don't have an XJ, nor do I intend on getting one. I do however, consider many people on her to be very good friends of mine, but if this is going to be some kind of "we are better than you b/c we have a Red name" site, then I really don't want to have any part of it. Im not trying to be rude or anything, but I joined the site and became a SPONSOR because I thought I shared something important with the people on here, apparently being friends and sharing a common interest isn't enough. You gotta be in the "Red Click" to be worth anything on here it seems, and if it were up to some of you, only XJ based vehicles would be allowed. I think that's completely stupid, but who cares what I think. Maybe it will matter next year when I spend my advertisment money on Pirate instead of this site.

Im sorry, and I know that somebody will delete this post. But I think that some of you guys need to grow the heck up. Stop being so stuck up. Times are changing, and this site is based on a vehicle that hasn't been made in the US in 9 years. That's a long time. You guys are going to have to start adopting new ways and ideas, or this organization will end up dieing off, just like the vehicle it was based on.

"Vent Off"

So who's ready to go have some fun? I am in need of a wheeling fix pretty bad myself!

i'll play devils advocate.... The organization of naxja has grown a lot further than a vehicle, theres a lot more going on as far as land use, event organization, maintaining one of the larger online jeep forums etc....

So the idea is that if you are a frequent forum user, event attendee and basically are into the hobby for the reaons were into pay up, cuz shit aint free, and it actually goes to good things ;) its got nothing to do with whos "in" and whos not... at least not to my knowledge... plus most people really dont care what you drive, just look at the SEC chapter for evidence of that..

..... plus its just the interweb.....

Last edited:

"Vent Off"

I disagree and don't think you get it. how many CJ or FSJ forums are there around? I believe the last one built was in 86. That is 14 years ago. What about Bronco's? Last one built was in 96. That was 14 years ago. I think you need to engage your brain before you engage your mouth.

"Vent Off"

This isn't the North American Jeep Association. It's not the North American Anything You Happen To Drive Association.

Are we vehicle specific? Yes.

Do we prefer that our members drive the vehicles that the organization supports? Of course we do.

Are we stuck up and exclusive? Absolutely not. There are plenty of members that have moved on to other vehicles/buggies and still attend events and participate within the club.

Ah, the CLUB. This isn't an internet forum for random people sparky. This is a CLUB with bylaws that support the ownership of a particular vehicle. We allow users here to foster the maintenance and technical expertise that pertains to that particular vehicle. Some folks pay dues and participate in the club. Some choose not to and use this simply as a medium to communicate with other LIKE MINDED individuals.

At NAXJA, we all share a common interest. We either have a cherokee that we modify, daily drive, watch rot in the backyard, wheel all the time, cut up and tubed, welded, burnt to the ground, jumped in a desert race or raced in the KOH. There are people here that trailer and wheel them exclusively and there are people here that use them to haul wood to a construction job. In NAXJA, they coexist.

If you don't like the fact that we occasionally push for new members or voice our opinions about people becoming members and sharing some of the burden of land use donations and the bandwith it takes to provide the medium you chose to complain on, you don't have to stay. The fact that your sponsorship is no longer valid simply shows that you didn't make any money here and you're ready to move on. No hard feelings there. Just don't make an ass of yourself on the way out.

You sound like a smart guy. You know how it works. Pirate isn't any different, people pay to play there just like they pay to play here. The difference is that Pirate is a message board and NAXJA is a club. The message board we use to communicate is a tool, it's not the purpose.

For most of the older folks (way older than me :D) they don't even use the message board. The have phone numbers and email addresses of club members they've been wheeling with since the club began. I travel 1000 miles once a year to go to winterfest, not because someone is red or black, but because they're my friends and I like to wheel with them. We just all happen to own XJ's and MJ's and like to wheel with people who enjoy the same.

Shoot, I'm even looking forward to wheeling with Glenn :flipoffsmiley

Last edited:
Sponsors usually go blue with the name of their company. So while his personal membership is active, his personal name is red. His company name is blue.

Here is the deal. I don't give a hoot if you are red, black, green, or blue Naxja person. I want all to participate and have fun at the events. End of story.

Here is the deal. I don't give a hoot if you are red, black, green, or blue Naxja person. I want all to participate and have fun at the events. End of story.

x2 I have invited a couple people to the forum and hope that they find this place usefeul and informative enough to want to support NAXJA and the causes we are involved in! I haven't wheeled with any of you SEC Yayhoos but hope I can make it to the crawl this year to do just that.

Are you going to be a NAXJA member?

I seem to recall the bylaws allowing guests, but I'm not getting a tech inspection from someone who's not a member of the club.

I have not read any bylaws saying that a guest cannot volunteer at events.

This thread...

Can't we just get back to talking about Harlan?

I have not read any bylaws saying that a guest cannot volunteer at events.

Can't we just get back to talking about Harlan?

The very meaning of the word guest indicates that they are not the person running the event. Why would a "guest" have responsibilities of the club that is putting the event on?

The next time you want to complain about something going off track, don't stir the pot.

So how does one of these get togethers work? Do you just pay to play and head out on your own or are there designated "tour guides" who lead a group around? Are there different runs for different skill levels and vehicle ability? I am considering coming but my XJ is also my daily driver and I really can't afford to destroy it on a trail in Eastern Kentucky.:dunce:

Back