• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We are coming to CO in July, where do we go?

I fully agree. Silverton is a nice place- Telluride,however, is full of smug.

We had a pretty horrible experience there last year. My wife fell at the top of Black Bear and smashed her knees really bad. The clinic I town treated us like crap when they found out we weren't hikers, bikers or hippies.

We used to go to Telluride every summer years ago when they put on the Superwinch Tour. Back then it was a nice little town, people seemed friendly for the most part.

Now.....:laugh:..... I simply pass through Telluride from Black Bear and keep on truckin. Bunch of rude assholes if they know you own a Jeep!

I don't. I stop, have an overpriced burger and a beer, and annoy them with my presence :D It doesn't hurt that I have a client who is one of the least popular people in Telluride, and some of them know I work for him... it makes my presence, and that of my Jeep (when I owned one) that much more annoying. :cheers:

telluride is an uber-rich, we-got-ours-you-cant-have-yours, elitist, progressive enclave. The bulk of the non-native residents (the few native Telluride folks are really cool) in my humble opinion, are capitalists in the real world, but progressive fools once they make it to their vacation homes in the San Juans. They likely destroy the environment to line their pockets, but hate everyone who isn't wearing a bunny-hugging t-shirt once they are in Telluride. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds... and jeepers are stereotyped as being environmentally destructive, thoughtless, rednecks.

that is likely painting with way too broad a brush, but it is unfortunately fairly close to the truth. There are some seriously kick ass restaurants in Telluride, and the view's are spectacular, so its worth some time, I just wouldn't pony up the $$ necessary to stay in town.

only if you're in Telluride...

Down the road from Ouray there is a place that will rent you a Yurt. My daughter and here family stayed and loved it.

Back