• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn motor repair in CT

Ok, we'll here is where I'm at with the winch, motor needs to be rewound, solenoids are questionable, no click with 12v applied remote connection probably needs replacement. Definitely needs remote.

I bought on a whim for 400, I figure I need to drop minimum 300 to get it in good shape again. Is it worth it or should I take that 300 and put it towards a new winch?

I work for a shop called Motor Technology Inc. in Soth Central PA. We rebuild industrial electric motors. With a warn, it is more than likely a series wound motor. Just an fyi, check your resistance across all fields, they should be all close, if not, you will need a rewind. We charge $80/hr, if it needs rewound you are more than likely better off buying new. A rewind will need to be done by a specialty shop and will more than likely be pretty expensive.

If I were you I would clean everything very good with water and a cleaner, put it in the oven at 200 degrees for awhile to dry out and retest everything. Dirty parts can be a common cause of failure.

Back