• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want to Sell or Trade my Built MJ

MrSimon

NAXJA Forum User
Love love love this Jeep, but I can't fit my family in it. I'm looking to sell it for $8,500 or trade it for an EQUALLY built and awesome 4 door XJ. No, I won't accept $8,499 and no I won't accept trades for stock TJs with 150k miles or some other piece of crap. I don't need to get rid of this, and kind of don't want to. But if the right XJ shows up (or cash), I'd take it.

Anyway, the truck is extremely well built. I've worked out all the kinks over the years and it wheels and runs fantastic. Well, to be fair, Dave Kemner at FullCircle Offroad actually built 95% of this Jeep, but it was my check book that made the magic happen:laugh3::laugh3:

I'm not gonna list the build here. Serious buyers who actually have the cash can PM me and I'll go over every detail with you.

IMG_0587.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

266903_235690046443362_100000071047223_1072730_2848809_o.jpg

257338_2168755060458_1294148234_32501198_6551388_o.jpg

I did seriously considering putting seats in the bed.

I figure it would be rather easy to fabricate some brackets and bolt in some kiddie sized offroad seats with 5 point belts.

Problem is, if it rolls, even with a roll bar, I'm not sure how safe the kids would be. Rocks and trees could get between the roll bars pretty easy. And the bed is narrow ... with two kids sitting side by side, they could easily reach their hands out pretty far - certainly far enough to get an arm or hand squished against a tree.

I don't want to take any chances with the kids, and I'd feel a lot better if they had metal all the way around them.

I'll take a look at Eric's Jeep .... but I doubt he would trade me.

Oh haii :)

I'd be willing to talk out something for a trade, however you need to finish the rear seat mounts.. errr well I guess I could actually lol shoot me a PM well talk about it!

I have half a mind to close and delete this thread!
Jordan, what are you doing?!

It's a nice MJ folks, that bed is seriously cool.

the bed alone is worth the 8.5 mill he wants for it. its my fault hes selling it. I told him he cant have any true emotional attachment to it cause some one else built it.

but buying someone else's already built xj is not going to fix that problem

I have half a mind to close and delete this thread!
Jordan, what are you doing?!

It's a nice MJ folks, that bed is seriously cool.

Are you talking about Jordans MJ? The same one that has a track record of being able to be driven home less than 40% of the time after just BEING at RC (yeah, some days it died BEFORE it even made it in the woods, or the parking lot for that matter!!!)

If there were EVER a reason to make a case for having a tow rig/trailer, Jordan would be the perfect poster-child to make that case.

I noticed that you didn't mention the fact that the header panel is being held on by zip-ties and bubble gum right now...

....just trying to help....:D:D

Andy, with friends like you ......

The new header panel is halfway prepped and will be painted and installed in a few days, along with a new fender.

Stefan is almost right about the bed being worth the asking price, but I try not to think about that.

if I had the money Id buy if from you. then put it in a crusher right in front of you.

no not really but that would be messed up wouldent it.

i would trade you jordan but I need the family rig too now haha

Wow, I've gotten a lot of responses. So far 8 people have, in one way or another, offered to trade me their XJs. I looked closely at all 8 Jeeps and some of them are quite nice. Others, however, are cobbled together hunks of metal that will implode on their first red trail :spin1:

I'll go ahead and list my full build here. Read it closely. If your Jeep is not equal in parts, workmanship, capability, and coolness, then please don't offer a trade. Stock shafts, lunchbox lockers, and a 12V air pump with alligator clips is not gonna cut it folks:rolleyes:

Drivetrain:
Complete swap from a 99 XJ with 75k miles. 4.0, AW4, 231 and all electronics, wiring, computer stuff, and cooling system were professionally swapped in. New motor mounts and a Banks header were installed too. All the sensors are hooked up properly, the motor doesn't throw any codes, and it passes PA emissions every time without an issue. Starts and runs great. Absolutely no issues. Tranny and TC work perfectly. Heavy duty tranny cooler also installed. Custom Quigley drive shaft built specifically for this truck. Its as beefy a shaft as Quigley could make for this application.

Axles:
Rear D44 with raised shock mounts, Cadillac disk brakes, Superior allow shafts drilled for 4.5 or 5.5 pattern, Crane diff cover, full Detroit locker, 4.88s, working e-brake, Bilstien 5150s, and no rust.

Front HP D30 with alloy shafts, ARB locker, ARB diff cover, 4.88s, WJ knuckles and brakes, custom heavy duty tie rod & drag link, raised track bar mount, PSC hydro assist with full PSC box. Control arm skids.

Suspension:
Clayton long arms and crossmember with custom skid plates built off the x-member to protect the oil pan and the TC. 4.5" Clayton coils with 3/4 inch spacer. Rear spring over using re-conditioned stock MJ leafs. The entire suspension was installed and dialed in by FullCircle Offroad.

OBA:
Belt driven York compressor installed on a custom bracket. 2.5 gallon tank mounted under the bed. Quick disconnect air couplings mounted at front and rear of truck. Pressure gauge in dash. All the proper filters installed. ARB solenoid, regulator and switch mounted under the hood by the York.

The Bed:
Completely custom built by FullCircle. Outside is skinned in aluminum, inside of bed is steel. All skin panels are removable and replaceable if damaged. Custom high-lift mounting plate. Custom spare tire mounting mechanism. Custom tailgate with graphics. Bed completely powder coated. Mounts to the frame using the stock mounting locations, meaning it can be removed and dropped straight onto another MJ if desired. This is a one of a kind work of art, and you don't want to know how much it cost.

Misc.
CB, aftermarket head unit & speakers, reupholstered bench seat, full gauge cluster that works, aux electric fan on switch, new water pump, new thermostat, 35" Dick Cepek Mud Country tires with 90%+ tread, American Racing 15x8 aluminum rims, front JCR bumper with D-ring mounts and 2" receiver, custom 2x6 welded in rockers, dents and dings, professionally clearanced side view mirrors (no extra charge for that), and maybe other stuff too.

I've had a very bad itch for an nj for a while now, best of luck to you Jordan, its going to take an awful nice xj to match what you've got in there.

I think you should buy a stock xj and swap as much stuff as you can from the MJ to the XJ. then sell the mj in mostly stock form or part it out. that way you also get the bonding experience with your new xj that you missed out on with the MJ build. and I think its the only way you will get what you want.

Back