• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley June 8th Pictures

OD-XJ said:
The SX's kicked butt! I really like them. I noticed they were different right away, even on the logging roads. I was having to fight the steering a little more because they grab so much better. Very impressed.

Still have one new Toyo left to sell.

I'm with you on that!

Did you get them siped? I ran mine one trip before I took them in to have the center chevrons siped. It made a huge difference, took big slabs of smooth rubber and gave them tons of bite.

Well, it was a short day for some of us but I really enjoyed it. Even without my rig there.

We have LOTS of work to do on Expressway. Still tons of water up there on the trail and lots of new shortcuts and such that need to be blocked. Our plan for the bypass at the rockface is good and approved so I will start to put plans together for some more trips back up there with "teams" of people ;)

Tracey, Sorry I missed all of the action!!

Here are the few videos and pic's I got before my battery died.
P1000123.jpg

P1000124.jpg

P1000125.jpg

P1000126.jpg

This first video is the LONG wait for Jeremy's Rockface attempt.
The second one is the SHORT scary finish.

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/2xtremexj/?action=view&current=P1000123-1.flv

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/2xtremexj/?action=view&current=P1000124-1.flv
I can't wait till NW Fest!!
Michael

fubar XJ said:
Alex: The cage, sliders, tube flares and longarms look great. Now you need to get rid of those pavement pounder tires and you'll be set. Did you lock the diffs yet?

I have the front locked, rear I am at a loss for what to do because of my axle, I have already geared both my axles to 4.56, which is the max for my rear axle. But I don't know if I want to spend $600 on a rear detriot because I feel at some point I will be going to get an 8.8 and run 35's and deeper gears.

Tires will probably come at the end of the summer, but mine didn't do too bad at walker, I aired them down to about 17 psi and was alot more impressed then I usually am. Snow is where they have problems.:tear:

-Alex

Ba-Riedo said:
I aired them down to about 17 psi

-Alex

I think that is what I run on the street :D

Michael
PS. I didn't get to watch alex that much on this run, but he didn't seem to have much issue keeping up with us and it was pretty sloppy!

Some where up ther I think we got involved with a group from JEEP SPEED!! I saw a white XJ TOTALLY sideways around a corner followed by an olive drab type XJ. Might have been a blue one as well. Then I had to change my shorts because we were OBVIOUSLY too close to the rail road tracks when they blew the horn. Very intersting

RRT said:
we were OBVIOUSLY too close to the rail road tracks when they blew the horn. Very intersting

What? I can't hear you!

OK done there are the vids I took. And thank U Alex for posting up my pics for that day. Still can not figure out how to post pics but oh well they are on and look good. Again thanx for the great day.We have to go out again soon .
Duane
PS 8 vid from walker

Back