• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley June 8th Pictures

Teaser...

Copy20of20NAXJWALKER20072.jpg

-Alex

So, the first picture of the day was like a premonition: Rick's shirt which I'll have to post later.....

We had a great run today at Walker Valley. We started off by meeting Duane - OkeeDokee and his family. Then proceeded to wheel up to the Expressway Rockface. There Michael showed Elise the DNR Forester what we hope to do on Expressway to reduce sediment run off and errosion. Then we proceedd along Expressway and back onto Upper Mainline then had lunch at the location of the new Skills building area that is in progress.
At the end of lunch Ryan, Jeremy and Michael departed foranother engagement and Duane, Rick, Alex and I proceeded to run the rest of the Upper Mainline / Old Jeep Trail and then the Lower mainline. Then as we were having such a great run I proposed that we be sure to run the lower part of Lower Mainline which has been skipped on all my previous runs inthe area..... Bad idea....

To get to the meat of the "story":

What you get when your camera is in your hand while you go over sideways:

P6080048.jpg

P6080049.jpg

P6080050.jpg

P6080051.jpg

From this point we got Duane's rig positioned for a winch pull to right my rig on at least a couple wheels rather than the drip rail and rockers..

So here is my rig at trail's end:
P6080055.jpg

Very minor damage. My nerves were defeintely rattled but in the end it all worked out.

Last edited:
Rick and his shirt:
P6080016.jpg

The first stage rigs with a cameo by Chapter President Ryan ( does his stride vaguely remind you of the bigfoot video?):
P6080025.jpg

Rick's BBQ:
P6080028.jpg

Rick Flex a lot:
P6080032.jpg

Great pic of Rick posing:
P6080054.jpg

And the results:
P6080058.jpg

And the final four:

P6080060.jpg

Here are the ones that came from Kindra in the best order that I can put them in.

NAXJWALKER_004.jpg

Heading to Expressway

NAXJWALKER_010.jpg

NAXJWALKER_012.jpg

NAXJWALKER_013.jpg

The bottem of the rockface

NAXJWALKER_020.jpg

Open diffs... :wave:

NAXJWALKER_023.jpg

Jeremy ready to give it a go, where is the video?

NAXJWALKER_031.jpg

NAXJWALKER_032.jpg

This is really why I got my cage

NAXJWALKER_034.jpg

NAXJWALKER_035.jpg

Look at those tires

NAXJWALKER_039.jpg

Whole group

NAXJWALKER_042.jpg

More to come.

-Alex

Damn, that first video totally looks like Jeremy was on his way over.

Mc2KXJ said:
Damn, that first video totally looks like Jeremy was on his way over.
Yeah. I dropped the camera because I was about to run over to his rig as it flopped... but it settled back.

Metal Thrasher said:
Yeah. I dropped the camera because I was about to run over to his rig as it flopped... but it settled back.

That was defiently a scary moment, A+ for throttle control and knowing when to let off for Jeremy.

-Alex

Great pictures guys.

So what's the story with the flop? There's nothing around the rig that looks big enough to get tippy.

-Jeremy

Oh.....and I'll get that darn rock someday!

OD-XJ said:
Great pictures guys.

So what's the story with the flop? There's nothing around the rig that looks big enough to get tippy.

-Jeremy

Oh.....and I'll get that darn rock someday!

He just drove a little bit too high up on the left side (high side of the corner) and put it down.

-Alex

Nice pics and vid, bummed out I couldn't make it. A couple of observations from the peanut gallery: (that is what we do here, right?)

Tracey: Nice soft flop, judging from the lack of damage. But I agree with Jeremy, what an innocuous place to flop. Unfortunately sometimes it's the places that look the most mundane that catch us off-guard like that.

Jeremy: The SX's look awesome. Were you impressed with them? Other than still not making the rock face, that is. I have no room to talk from an XJ perspective, still haven't made it in mine. The wheels look great too. You find a buyer for your Toyos yet?

Ryan: So you got the rig finished and back on the trail, eh? Nice. Did you do a thread running down the mods you made? Inquiring minds want to know. Give us the scoop.

Alex: The cage, sliders, tube flares and longarms look great. Now you need to get rid of those pavement pounder tires and you'll be set. Did you lock the diffs yet?

Rick: Good call on the BBQ. Done that before, it's always a big hit with the crowd. It was great wheeling with you at Tinkham, look forward to more in the future.

Now I'm jonesing for some trail time. Hurry up already NW Fest!:D

fubar XJ said:
Jeremy: The SX's look awesome. Were you impressed with them? Other than still not making the rock face, that is. I have no room to talk from an XJ perspective, still haven't made it in mine. The wheels look great too. You find a buyer for your Toyos yet?

The SX's kicked butt! I really like them. I noticed they were different right away, even on the logging roads. I was having to fight the steering a little more because they grab so much better. Very impressed.

Still have one new Toyo left to sell.

fubar XJ said:
Now I'm jonesing for some trail time. Hurry up already NW Fest!:D

I'm with you on that!

Back