• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uttermost Off Road

It's just hilarious how ignorant christians are of the rest of the world! Christians were not the first to follow moral codes or laws. Why, when people find christ, do they feel they don't need to know anything else? The Greeks, Chinese, Indians, all precede any jewish or christian collective law, and one could argue who holds the moral high ground. The Jaines (sp check) which is a Hindu sect, if i remember correctly, walk everywhere with a broom to sweep away insects for fear of killing one of gods creatures. The hindu model of eternal creation and destruction also fits the scientific view of the universe better than any of the regressive views held by the church. Do you think god just hated all the asians, greeks, hindus, and other peoples around the world? Or do you think he probably sent out messengers of all kinds to preach the SAME message of goodness? Maybe the basic platform of all religions are the same? Maybe jesus is one of many prophets? No matter what, it's ignorant to think one religion is any better than another or that people will lie, cheat, rape, steal, or kill if they don't call themselves christians. Maybe you should go ask Pat Robertson why he chooses to do business with Charles Taylor of Africa, yeah, he's the guy who chopped off the arms of African children while overseeing Pats mining interests in the region. Or maybe why he doesn't mind abortions in China as much as the U.S.?

WVXJ said:
It's just hilarious how ignorant christians are of the rest of the world! Christians were not the first to follow moral codes or laws. Why, when people find christ, do they feel they don't need to know anything else? The Greeks, Chinese, Indians, all precede any jewish or christian collective law, and one could argue who holds the moral high ground. The Jaines (sp check) which is a Hindu sect, if i remember correctly, walk everywhere with a broom to sweep away insects for fear of killing one of gods creatures. The hindu model of eternal creation and destruction also fits the scientific view of the universe better than any of the regressive views held by the church. Do you think god just hated all the asians, greeks, hindus, and other peoples around the world? Or do you think he probably sent out messengers of all kinds to preach the SAME message of goodness? Maybe the basic platform of all religions are the same? Maybe jesus is one of many prophets? No matter what, it's ignorant to think one religion is any better than another or that people will lie, cheat, rape, steal, or kill if they don't call themselves christians. Maybe you should go ask Pat Robertson why he chooses to do business with Charles Taylor of Africa, yeah, he's the guy who chopped off the arms of African children while overseeing Pats mining interests in the region. Or maybe why he doesn't mind abortions in China as much as the U.S.?

see now its ignorant guys like you who DO piss me off. How you gonna come and call all christans ignorant and say we dont feel the need to know anything else. You need to say something more along the lines of some christans or some religons.

Okie Terry said:
Actually, the fact that you're still trying only says that you're not too quick on the uptake.

God lives in that little crevasse between my nut sack and my thigh.
Taint, choad or nifkin?

Who is John Galt?

Read it, love it, live it.

Yeah, sorry about that. It's not all christians just the guy who started this thread and his followers i was talkin to. I believe myself to be a christian also, so don't take offense, I'm just a very open minded christian. I don't down other folks religions, i try to take the best from all, just so happens when one looks closely, they all have some basic similarities. "the worlds religions", by Huston Smith, good book, good fella.

hey westsac, there are much better reasons to be pissed off, like how glfredrick seems to come on here and speak for all christians and down other religions!!!

WVXJ said:
Christians were not the first to follow moral codes or laws. Why, when people find christ, do they feel they don't need to know anything else?

The Greeks, Chinese, Indians, all precede any jewish or christian collective law, and one could argue who holds the moral high ground. The Jaines (sp check) which is a Hindu sect, if i remember correctly, walk everywhere with a broom to sweep away insects for fear of killing one of gods creatures. The hindu model of eternal creation and destruction also fits the scientific view of the universe better than any of the regressive views held by the church.

Do you think god just hated all the asians, greeks, hindus, and other peoples around the world? Or do you think he probably sent out messengers of all kinds to preach the SAME message of goodness? Maybe the basic platform of all religions are the same? Maybe jesus is one of many prophets?

No matter what, it's ignorant to think one religion is any better than another or that people will lie, cheat, rape, steal, or kill if they don't call themselves christians. Maybe you should go ask Pat Robertson why he chooses to do business with Charles Taylor of Africa, yeah, he's the guy who chopped off the arms of African children while overseeing Pats mining interests in the region. Or maybe why he doesn't mind abortions in China as much as the U.S.?
This is one of the best 'serious' posts in this thread. Although some of the funny ones are even better...

yea i agree. I think that its cool that he really stands up for his beliefs even when others get on him. BUT I dont agree with him coming out and starting to preach and quote the bible so much. There is a time and a place for that. Most of the time its stuff like that, that scares people off or just piss em off. Im not a big fan of christans who think they are holier than thou and act like they never do wrong. Ill be the first to throw my hand up and say I ALWAYS mess up.
And yea, it is wrong to down other religons. Cause, Hey, who knows they may be right and I may be wrong.

Nate_Bob said:
For all you guys that don’t believe in God or a god, I was wondering what stops you from killing people, raping women and doing other stuff like that?

My gods encourage killing when necessary...

Is it still considered rape if I buy them a few beers?

I'm with you WestSac, i too, "always mess up"!!! I think there is too much emphasis on "right and wrong" in religion. We are all just people who "always mess up". The fascinating thing, i think, is what we all get right or know to be true. We all know it is wrong to kill, whether your a buddhist, christian, hindu, whatever...........everyone got that right! That's why i think they're all kind of right, it's just our measley human brain trying to discern what is truth in our world/universe/life. But the things we don't necessarily understand we make up for in belief. For instance, the hindus made up a story of creationism to reconcile the creative/destructive forces in the world. Just so happens this sort of coincides with the laws of physics and the big bang theory (of course the hindus gave names to forces and little anecdotal stories). The christians have the same story personified by one mans life. Creation from a somewhat immaculate means, torment/destruction, then resurrection. Physics states that the matter in the universe is bound by certain laws which pull it together in the singularity of the black hole, until the point when the atomic weight is so great it collapses on itself and explodes(big bang) and sends the "stuff" back out to swirl in the universe where it comes back together to make new "stuff". Religion then becomes somewhat of an early science, it just so happens we have only just begun to understand these things through the sciences which for some reason, really upsets some christians. But i don't know why they would believe in an all knowing god, believe they are made in his image, were given all these good faculties to reason and know things, but dismiss their ability to know these things for comfort in faith. Why would the christian god give you eyes and not want you to look at the stars?

WVXJ said:
Why would the christian god give you eyes and not want you to look at the stars?

Will you be my god, WVXJ?

WESTSACXJ as a Christian I hope you love the Word of God so this should not offend you read Revelation 3:15-16.
Everyone else, I know this thread lasted this long all for His Glory. Not only was Jesus spit on for His teachings and what He said when He walked the earth 2,000 years ago, this same legacy of spitting on Him still goes on, on the internet. I do what I do because Jesus' teachings found in the Bible tell me to do this. I believe the whole Bible beginning to end, not just bits and pieces like so many Christians out there claim. I do not see how you can pick and choose, because if you discount some things in the Bible, how can you feel firm on other things in the Bible? To me Truth cannot hold lies. Everyone take care and if you need scriptural references to the aforementioned teachings just pm me and I will give you them. God Bless everyone of you Guys and your families, take care. <><

uttermost said:
WESTSACXJ as a Christian I hope you love the Word of God so this should not offend you read Revelation 3:15-16.
Everyone else, I know this thread lasted this long all for His Glory. Not only was Jesus spit on for His teachings and what He said when He walked the earth 2,000 years ago, this same legacy of spitting on Him still goes on, on the internet. I do what I do because Jesus' teachings found in the Bible tell me to do this. I believe the whole Bible beginning to end, not just bits and pieces like so many Christians out there claim. I do not see how you can pick and choose, because if you discount some things in the Bible, how can you feel firm on other things in the Bible? To me Truth cannot hold lies. Everyone take care and if you need scriptural references to the aforementioned teachings just pm me and I will give you them. God Bless everyone of you Guys and your families, take care. <><
I do love the word of God and read it almost every night. I have found in my experiences people are alot more open to casual conversation than preaching to them. I understand you are a preacher. Thats great. I am a PK.
Let me ask you this. If you discount nothing form the bible. What are your thoughts on the old laws? In Lev. You live by them to this day and every day?

Ok Uttermost, since you don't get and you believe every word of it, lets start on page one of the bible and make this nice and sparkling clear. Genesis, ch.1 verse 20-24, "and god said, let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven."------i don't think there is a better reason than this to believe in evolution, period. How else is a bird going to come from the water except through cellular evolution, the old "primordial soup theory"? Genesis goes on to say that from the earth every living creature of his kind was made, how else but through evolution do you get cattle from mud?

Back