• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upgrading to a d44 rear build thread

Making more progress...

Everything is painted or is drying.
The brake lines are on with adel clamps.
The breather line is on.
The shafts are in.
Rotors are cleaned up.
Shock mounts will go on after I get it installed and flex'd up.
Did a double check on everything in the chunck, cleaned up the gasket surface and black RTV"d the diff cover on.

IMG_9317-800.jpg

IMG_9318-800.jpg

IMG_9319-800.jpg

IMG_9320-800.jpg

IMG_9321-800.jpg

IMG_9322-800.jpg

IMG_9323-800.jpg

I haven't either till we dismantled an Apache helicopter at work and a couple were used throughout. I got a small handfull of em and now was the first time I found to use a couple (one on each end of the breather). I'll see if I can get a better pict.

I wondered if anyone would notice that. :yelclap:

That axle is so purdy now.................seems a shame to get it all dirty by putting it on your Jeep. :D

Very nice build and excellent attention to detail!

Lovin every bit of it!! Nice build, Great attention to detail!! Now you've got to find a jeep to put it under...how about mine:clap: hehe

Good job!

dang jeremy...get that thing buttoned up and haul it to woolys with me sometime!

I haven't either till we dismantled an Apache helicopter at work and a couple were used throughout. I got a small handfull of em and now was the first time I found to use a couple (one on each end of the breather). I'll see if I can get a better pict.

I wondered if anyone would notice that. :yelclap:

who do you work for?

Thanks for the compliments guys. I got all the brake parts put together this afternoon, tightened the diff cover bolts now that the gasket has dried some, and I'm waiting for a buddy to help me get it on a furniture dolly to sling it under the jeep. The U-bolts are painted as well as the spring plates.

I need to buy bumpstops and shocks for the rear and I still am not sure what type of shock mount I want to run.

Yea, it's a shame that it'll get bashed up as soon as I get it in but hey that's what it's for right? We're headed to Harlan, KY in November so that will be it's maden voyage. I'm gonna try and get some miles on the gears before I go but they won't be fully broken in. I can't wait to feel the 4.88's locked with the LTB's.

You know I've never been to to Wolleys but have wanted to go for some time. Maybe next year.

I've got monday off so I should be wrapping this up soon and getting the front pulled out and ready for a regear...

Picts from this weekend.

Here it is just before I bolted it in place.
IMG_9366-800.jpg

Her new home.
IMG_9369-800.jpg

Found a place to route the breather line.
IMG_9371-800.jpg

Ran a grommet to get the line to the back of the fuel filler.
IMG_9372-800.jpg

IMG_9373-800.jpg

Wow, now I wish I might have been a little more patent with mine and spent a little more time and money on it. Your makes mine look like crap. But I'm also only running 3" and 31"s on stock(3.55) gears, next round is going to be welded tubes, TNT truss, shortened shock mounts, ARB and 4.88's but thats all going to have to wait till I bump up to 4.5" and 33"S.

Back