• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Union Pacific Railroad Jobs...........

TRNDRVR

NAXJA Forum User
Follow this link, UPRR Employment Information.
Lots of entry level openings in the Western 2/3rds of the country.
Probably one of the better jobs you can get without a college education. :thumbup:
Preferential consideration is given to those who apply online. Watch for job openings and apply for what you want. DO NOT APPLY FOR MORE THAN ONE POSITION. IT SHOWS THEM YOU CAN’T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. IT’S THAT IMPORTANT.
Train service is where most people start out. Get you apps in guys. You won't have a chance of getting hired if you don't apply.
Dan.

TRNDRVR said:
Follow this link, UPRR Employment Information.
Lots of entry level openings in the Western 2/3rds of the country.
Probably one of the better jobs you can get without a college education. :thumbup:
Preferential consideration is given to those who apply online. Watch for job openings and apply for what you want. DO NOT APPLY FOR MORE THAN ONE POSITION. IT SHOWS THEM YOU CAN’T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. IT’S THAT IMPORTANT.
Train service is where most people start out. Get you apps in guys. You won't have a chance of getting hired if you don't apply.
Dan.

If I apply and get hired. Can my wife and I crash at your place 'till we sell our house here and get one there? :gee:

Scott Mac. said:
If I apply and get hired. Can my wife and I crash at your place 'till we sell our house here and get one there? :gee:
:smootch: Sure!!! If you're into that sort of thing. ;)

What is the starting pay on the Train service positions. Also it is saying that there are no actual shifts, which is fine but do you still get at least 40 hours a week. Got a nephew that needs to get a real job. This sounds perfect.

19XJ96 said:
What is the starting pay on the Train service positions.
Most of the jobs posted are what's called an "Agreement Position". The pay is based on what the contract says. It would probably be safe to assume that starting pay would be mid teens.
19XJ96 said:
....do you still get at least 40 hours a week.
More than!!! Also guaranteed 8 hours pay every time you go on duty whether you work it or not.

BTT for those who may have missed it the first time. It's a good gig folks!!!
Dan.
PS Hey Hinkley, they're even hiring in SoCal. :rtm:

Whoever gets hired, can you please try and make my Amtrak Capitol Corridor train run on time?

U.P. in Omaha fawks us in some way on nearly a daily basis.

CRASH

CRASH said:
Whoever gets hired, can you please try and make my Amtrak Capitol Corridor train run on time?

U.P. in Omaha fawks us in some way on nearly a daily basis.

CRASH
Man!!!
An Amtrak passenger who actually realizes who is really at fault when the train is late. Thanks CRASH!!!
I just wish ALL the passengers knew the real story.
Also, that's why I'm glad I ride in the head end. ;)
Dan.

TRNDRVR said:
Man!!!
An Amtrak passenger who actually realizes who is really at fault when the train is late. Thanks CRASH!!!
I just wish ALL the passengers knew the real story.
Also, that's why I'm glad I ride in the head end. ;)
Dan.

Capitol Corridor riders a re tight knit group. And we're politically active as well.

When the state signs a check for half a BILLION dollars to improve passenger rail service in California, the receiver of said check better come through!

The track and equipment improvements have just not materialized as promised. UP assures us of improvements to come in the near future, they work hard for about 3 weeks, and then forget about us until we start writing letters to politicians and newspapers again.

Capitol Corridor is one of the very few Amtrak lines that actually MAKES money in a given year.

CRASJ

Sounds like UP.

I live right across the river in iowa. They are finally fixing crossings after 3 derailments in 2 weeks at the same crossing so I can guess how poorly they are monitoring for CA's rails.

I also know someone who works for them, he drives one of the trucks that travel on the tracks to check the gap, flex and such. For every 30 problems the computer registers they fix 2 or 3 of them upwards of 90 days later.

The Associated Press said:
(The Associated Press distributed the following article on February 23.)

Union Pacific to increase hiring in 2004

NORTH PLATTE, Nebraska -- Union Pacific Railroad plans to hire one-thousand more people than usual in the upcoming year.

The company is crediting the ongoing economic recovery for the increase. A company spokesman says the company usually hires two-thousand people each year, but that number will be bumped up to three-thousand in 2004.

About 121 of those new hires will be in North Platte, Nebraska, home of Union Pacific's Bailey Yard.

The company hails the yard as the largest railroad classification yard in the world at more that 28-hundred acres.

The new entry level positions will be spread throughout California, Iowa, Minnesota, Nevada, Texas, Utah, Wyoming as well as Nebraska.

The hires will join the company's training program for the railroad's train service operation.

Salaries start at 40-thousand dollars per year.

Tuesday, February 24, 2004
Just an added tidbit of information.
thumbs.gif

HTH.
Dan.

BTT
This is still a good post folks, and for all the new people who may not have seen it. $40,000 the first year, *$75,000 the second.
UP's on a hiring blitz again. Follow this link, UPRR Employment Information. :thumbup:
Dan.

Last edited:
Back