• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Big Jeep Railroad Rendezvous 2006 in CT 7/15/06

ctjeepman

NAXJA Forum User
Here is your official invitation to our 5th annual Big Jeep Event,
THE BIG JEEP RAILROAD RENDEZVOUS 2006. This Year we are again having it at The Danbury Railway Museum located at 120 White Street in Danbury, CT 06810.

This year will be the largest yet. Last year we had over 160 jeeps and close to 500 attendees!
We are again expecting between 100-200 jeeps this year.
It is being held on July 15th from 10am to 2pm with no rain date.
If it rains we are having the show anyways.
Here are some pics from the show: http://www.completejeephistory.com/t...zvouspics.html

As Always The Big Jeep Events are not affiliated with any club whatsoever. We are a few crazy guys from CT with nothing better to dot than put on these shows so all Jeep owners, regardless of their clubs, can come together for a day to mingle with each other and maybe win some cool things at the same time!

We welcome Jeeps from all over! Last year we had people from MA, CT, RI, ME, NH, PA, NY...hopefully we will add even more states to this list. We want your help in making this the best Jeep Show in the Northeast!

Admission for jeep entrants will be a $6 donation per vehicle, which also will give you FREE admission to the museum. If you would like to ride on one of the antique
trains it will be an extra $2 per person to do so.
Spectators will pay $10 each and
that will include Jeep show, museum admission and train ride.

We have added more categories this year. They are;
Farthest Distance Traveled
Best Military
Muddiest
Best Vintage (Pre-1970)
Best Stock
Tallest (From stock)
Ugliest
Highest Mileage
Best Full Size
Worst Beater
Best XJ/MJ
Best ZJ/WJ
Best WK/XK/KJ
Best TJ/LJ
Best Off-Road Rig
Best “Show” Rig
Best Daily Driver
Best CJ
Best YJ
Most Modified
Most Unique
Best of Show

There will be awards for each of the winners in these categories

There will be food available from the DRM for a small donation (couple of dollars)

The Danbury Railway Museum is really a fascinating place in itself. They have one of the largest private collections of old trains in the country.
There will be showings of Old Jeep Production and Test Drive videos shown in the museum during show hours.

As always there will be dozens of Free Raffles offered. We will also be offering some Raffles for a couple of Dollars each as well.

There will be space for vendors this year. If you are interested in getting a space just let me know so we can work out details but basically if you contribute something for the raffle you can have a table for free, if no contribution then the table will be $25.

We will also have space for clubs who want to promote their clubs and/or get new members. Same deal-If you contribute it's free, if not then it's $15.

If you have something to sell swap-meet-style then you are welcome to do
so providing you contact me first and I give you the go-ahead

This event will be videotaped and will be available on DVD for purchase. DVDs of previous years show will be for sale.

Don’t forget there will be tons of FREE raffles and goodies for everyone.

This show will be awesome!
As always I will be taking pre-registration by e-mail at
[email protected]

Hope everyone can come-the more the better!

Directions from northern/eastern CT, MA, ME, NH, VT.
Take Interstate I-84 W and get off exit 8. Bear right of exit. Go 3 miles through 9 traffic lights and follow signs to Jeep Show entrance.

Directions from Southern CT, RI, NY, etc. Take
Interstate I-84 E and get off exit 5. Go straight to traffic light at Main St. Turn right onto Main St. Go .6 miles and turn left onto White St. Turn right at first light and follow signs for Show entrance.

Back