• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

umm..so lockers are amazing

fubar XJ said:
I've ran an automatic locker in the front before, and if you do much daily driving in snow or ice, I wouldn't recommend it. In fact, due to the reduced strain on drivetrain components and better handling characteristics, i'll never run an automatic in the front again. Got an ARB in the front of the CJ, an Ox in the plans for the front of the XJ.

Yes, Unless you have the disconnect front axle. Mine is 100 % invisible with no ill effects because it is disengaged while on the street. I have a Rear Detroit and that gives me plenty of pavement traction in snow covered roads. Lots of varibles with the different years.

white_elephant said:
so i will be fine with the front aussie and the rear lock rigth for dailly driver??:

You seem to be thinking that an Aussie is different then a Lockright.

They're different brands, same concept. That's all. If you don't want to run a Lockright in the front, then you shouldn't even be thinking about running an Aussie. Rumors are that the Aussie is quieter due to it's new materials and slightly different design, but they will act EXACTLY the same.

ert01 said:
You seem to be thinking that an Aussie is different then a Lockright.

They're different brands, same concept. That's all. If you don't want to run a Lockright in the front, then you shouldn't even be thinking about running an Aussie. Rumors are that the Aussie is quieter due to it's new materials and slightly different design, but they will act EXACTLY the same.

Yep on both counts. I run an Aussie on mine and my son ran a lockrite. It is quieter then the lockrite, but they work exactly the same. One thing to think about is tire size. If you go to larger tires lunchbox lockers put all the strain on the carrier. The pin that runs thru it is where all the torque converges. Meaning there is a likelyhood of failure.

i know how the locker works...all im concernd about is dailly driving with the aussi in the front....

i dont want to get it...install it and then needing a warn hubs which are 1000$ more...

if i could drive 2wd with no problem...( i know more noise and may be a lil different) that i could understand but i dont want someone telling me

YOU CRAZY MO'FO YOU ARE RUNNING AN AUSSI LOCKER WITH NO WARN HUBS !!!BLAH BLAH BLAH...

perfectly fine with it in the front, you wont even notice it until you put it in 4wd. now if you have the 242 full time will be different

Back