• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U-JOINTS where and what to buy

good info, Thanks guys!

Has anybody seen a list of all the various U joints for the XJ? I would like to have a one-page list that included all the joints, including driveshafts.
If so, can you post the url?

Driveshafts use the 1310 U-Joints

Let me try this again.

clips.jpg
are they as thick?

There are 3 Home Depots here in town. I visited all 2 of the 3 looking for these 13/16" external retaining rings. At the first Home Depot they did not even have a drawer in the hardware section for External Grip Rings. They had a drawer full on Internal rings though. When I asked the department manager for them, he said they no longer sold them. I asked why they had the Internal rings, and he replied because they sold more of them.

At the second HD, I found a drawer with 12 pieces in individual sealed bags, labled as 1 3/16". They did not look right, so I got out the calipers and found they are actually 1 3/4" rings! There are probably lots of mis-labled rings in the HD system.

MoFo: go figure, god what i wouldnt give for the good ole days of Sales Clerks that aspired to be Sales Clerks, you know, the hometown hardware/parts guys that knew everything and could get anyting and everything. Now the only thing we can get in stores are things they "sell more of"....

Back