• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U Joints needed....

Angry sparrows chirp.

As the vehicle speed increases, so does the speed of the chirp. Engine speed is irrelevant, and you're really not going to hear it much over about 20mph.

Jeez I think my u-joint is going out on my rear D/s too. I am hearing the sparrows uh oh what do I need to do? Thanks alot guys I just got this XJ a 98 classic after my tj was totalled and this noise is getting worse. Only heard it at first two months ago while backing up now it does it sometimes in drive at low speeds and corners especially. Any thoughts?? thanks alot!hasta

Yucca-Man said:
Dust cover?

I saw the previous post for the NAPA repair kit etc.
A couple of years ago I had to replace the centering ball. I went to a driveshaft SPICER dealer and bought the complete unit for just a few bucks.
Best I can remember around $15. Whatever it was, it was not a serious amount.
At the time they told me that the new SPICER ball centering units come without the rubber boot. The fit is tight it will keep dirt out and it has two grease fittings 90 degrees apart unlike the original.
I see people paying some big bucks for driveline parts. I think you should call your local driveshaft shops. Just picked up a pair of 760X SPICER Ujoints for around $22. The prices were rom 22-45 a piece when I called around.
SPICER ball joints for Dana 30, $49 for a set of upper and lower. $150 at the dealer's.

Back