• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U Bolt Size??

wbarber

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know the size of the ubolts on a dana 35. I bought the rubicon express budget kit(its a daily driver) and first last week go to put the rear blocks on and teh pin hole is smaller on the axle, so had to put everything back together and go and get the correct drill bit. then a few minutes ago, drill out the spring rest, and go to put the u bolts on and they are too small. I thought RE would be better than this, disapoints me alot. but i am not putting everything back together for a second time, i will ride the motorcycle in the cold damn weather and get the correct u bolts, since RE isn't picking up there phone. Thanks.

Did you order the right bolts with your kit? You have to spec axel size because the bolts are different. I would call RE on Monday to make sure you got the right bolts.

RE defaults to the D35 if you are able to order without specifying an axle type. I'm interested to know how the u-bolts can be too small on a D35 though since that's the smalllest tube size used:
Dana35 2.62"
Dana44 2.75"
C8.25 3.00"

The u-bolts are very tight around the tubes though. The RE kit does use a larger than stock pin for the spring bolts though....can be a PITA if you don't read the instructions in advance.

Yucca-Man said:
RE defaults to the D35 if you are able to order without specifying an axle type. I'm interested to know how the u-bolts can be too small on a D35 though since that's the smallest.

I ordered a kit from RE and the u-bolts-one to big one to small, they were for a tj kit.

Sean

They don't ask you, and i have a d35. The bolts were just a hair too small, had to run up to autozone and get a set. Need the thing to run on monday, and was tired of putting stuff on and pulling stuff off.

I will give them a call on monday and get them to take back the u-bolt kit.

On a positive note, got the suspention done in time to go and get the new 31's put on also

i didn't want to bend them, worried about putting too much strain on them, didn't know if they may snap in the future...... plus i tried to bend them, and still couldn't get them to fit.

I live in Suwanee, but work in atlanta.

Back