• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TwoWheelTalk

I rode that Kawasaki for about an hour and it definitely is a horribly bike for distance riding lol. My bike didn't really feel too underpowered just cruising around or getting on it. But I've been practicing wheelies pretty much any chance I get and I can feel myself getting more comfortable/confident doing them and I'm starting to get the front end up a little higher. Up in altitude I could pretty much rev it as high as I wanted in 1st and pop the clutch and it would only pick the front wheel up about 6-12" max. It didnt have enough power to pick the front end up any higher at all no matter what I did.

That's mostly what made me aware that it was down on power, I wasn't like getting up to speed thinking "man this is slow" or anything like that. But once I made it back down to Denver I could tell the bike was a lot peppier, pulled harder even in top gear, and was back to picking the front end as high as I'm comfortable with.

Last month I did a 1700 mile ride up HWY 101 through CA, OR, and WA. Took 7 days and camped every night. I ride a 2014 Honda CB1000R. Was a great time!

My wife got me a pair of senas this Christmas for our helmets. I don't even talk to people and I just enjoy hearing a little music. They were definitely worth the money.

People in cars look at me funny when I'm banging my head though.

Ha music while riding is a must. I'm always that goofy **** riding down the road lol.

Did a little riding today. First time back on a stunt piece in a while. Trying to get acclimated to the handbrake and cranked idle again but was a fun first day back in the mix. Anxious for the cage so I can really get after it some and not have to be so wary
image_zpskizinrzj.jpg

image_zpscmovwyvz.jpg

Faye Meyers website makes it look like they have two 2016 Honda Africa Twins! I'm gonna call down there Tuesday and see if they really do have any and if they do I'm going to go test ride one. I really love my tiger but I the new crf1000 is everything that everyone is making it out to be then the tiger might have to go up for sale ��

Yeah they aren't releasing that bike till next spring....their website just automatically shows any model that Honda adds to their website whether they actually have one or not. Lame

Installed some crash bar enclosures from JTD cycles with closable vents to allow for air flow management. I also plasti-dipped the crash bars to lose more chrome.

Yeah they aren't releasing that bike till next spring....their website just automatically shows any model that Honda adds to their website whether they actually have one or not. Lame

I was really hoping they'd come out this fall like they were anticipating. It's definitely a bike that is reeling me in.

:party:

The specs I've seen are pretty disappointing. It's just another over weight, over sized adventure bike for the Starbucks crowd. I was hoping they'd keep it light and mean like the original. How the 950 Adv was.

Honestly the Tiger 800 is probably the closest thing to that in today's market and it's still pretty soft.

True. This is also coming from the group that would complain about capabilities of a stock rubicon. It's not meant for guys like us. That's where the aftermarket comes in. And really. Most bikes, regardless of type, suck in stock configuration.

So I decided to take a week off and ride to Michigan to see my dad for a few days, I'm leaving super early Saturday morning and gonna try to ride straight through. I'm gonna save all the receipts and send them off to the iron butt association when I get home at the end of the week for their 1000 miles on 24 hrs challenge!

No better time than when you are young. :)

1k is pretty easy. Make sure you pack different gloves. I've always noticed on long trips I've needed different gloves.
I used to knock out the spring to Vegas run (~950 miles) in about 9-10 hours and changed gloves about every other fuel stop lol. Def enjoy it.

For the IBA you need to have a witness at the start and finish to sign a form. I've done 1 official 1000in24 and an unofficial 1500in36.

Slabbing all interstate make the 1000in24 pretty easy. When I did the official one it was on my Connie and through the mountains with a ride organized by the CO Freewheelers, that was a bit rough.

Good luck and ride safe

Back