• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TwoWheelTalk

Our official start time was 3:40 AM SAT and our official end time was 12:23 AM SUN. SO 20hrs and 47min total time if I did my figuring correctly.

I went to the Kenz and Leslie Vintage Swap Meet this morning, its off of I70 and Ward, ive gone for the last 3 years but i finally got a few things this time! First off i picked up a set of one front and two rear michelin pilot flat track tires that are really damn close to the size i was looking for to put on my k1200 wheels.

15128720168_4fe4315877_z.jpg

Being a race compound tire i dont expect to get more then 3 thousand miles out of them, but $75 for all three i couldnt say no, they look too badass. I also picked up a set of rotors for my new front wheel and a set of TL1000 forks and trees from a buddy of mine. I got the new tire and rotors mounted and knocked the wheel bearings out so i could mock everything up and see what its gonna look like together.

15315301465_38ef913bf9_z.jpg

15292271176_3ae1e9f76c_z.jpg
[/url]

I got so excited by how awesome the new front end is starting to look that i decided to test fit the k1200 rear wheel

15292273416_26c7dc453d_z.jpg

15128607400_694437a860_z.jpg

The 5" wide rear wheel clears the swingarm/exhaust fine, but I realized that I need shorter lug bolts so i got on ebay and bought a set of k1200 lug bolts this afternoon and while i was on there i also bought a pair of 6 pot busa calipers to bolt onto the TL forks.

Im gonna keep plugging away on completing the front end and as soon as the weather is consistently crappy ill start taking the bike apart and get going on my winter build!

Maybe 3k miles total between the three. When I was on the track a rear lasted maybe 40 miles!! :gag:

Got rid of the Go-Cruise throttle lock and installed a Throttlemeister bar end/throttle lock setup. Works a lot better and the heavier weight of the bar ends smoothed out the slight vibe that was putting my hand to sleep.

Just picked up a plated CRF450x and now I'm lookibg for something for my wife. Ive read that the older crf250xs had valve issues. Does anyone have experiance with the yamaha wr250s? The plan is to plate hers as well so we can ride the same places. Trail riding is what our goals our and our budget is pretty minimal (2k). This limits us to early 2000 bikes. Any help would be great

Wr250s are great crf250
Are a better bike you just have to do valve adjustments more often then wr250.
Yz250f are a great bike if u don't mind going thru getting it plated.

Thanks for the replies. Ill add the ttrs to the list as well. She grew up riding quads and is extremely comfortable on a bicycle but has never rode a dirt bike. She is very athletic and I doubt that she will have trouble riding onve she figures out the clutch. The lower ride hieght is a plus. I had planned on getting whatever bikes suspension dropped to her but it may not be an issue with the ttr. (Shes 5'7)

Awesome. You should have hit me up though, I might have been able to give you the secret ADVRider hand shake for a discount.

TTR's are great trail bikes. Simple, reliable, and un-itimidating

I had a 640 Enduro with a Supermoto setup on it.

I've ridden a few 640 Adventures though. Awesome bikes if you can get over the vibes.

Back